Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 07.02.2006, 05:53 PM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc
things do change - apart from discontinued products. there is enough alternatives on the PC, you don't need to switch to a Mac.

marc
Cubase...Been there,done it and read the book...Didn't buy the T-shirt.
Protools Great...But i don't have a Digidesign soundcard..
Reason.Seen it once at Frankfurt,didn't like it at all.
Fruity loops...Say no more
Looks like i'm going to have to live with 1.07 or the next best thing 1.1
http://www.thegirlnextdoor.de/Virusforum.htm
http://www.myspace.com/thegirlnextdoormusic
Old 07.02.2006, 05:58 PM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
in other words: if you discover stuck notes with 1.07, you shouldn't be surprised.

best, marc
No stuck notes with 1.07 only 1.09
http://www.thegirlnextdoor.de/Virusforum.htm
http://www.myspace.com/thegirlnextdoormusic
Old 07.02.2006, 06:07 PM
Amateur
Amateur

G.N.D - I am having similar problems on a new DualCore G5 Mac with the latest OS X update running Logic 7.1.1... so don't jump ship just yet. I would hold out for the aforementioned OS 1.1 and see how it goes. But it is very frustrating.

It is worth remembering that Logic 5.5.1 has never been supported by Access in relation to the TI. Which is a bummer for all Logic 5.5.1 users - but this has always been the case.

I am fairly certain that there must be a wealth of "work arounds" for a great number of DAW's (Logic, SX, DP etc.) on using a TI. And it would make all of our lives a lot easier if these work arounds could be displayed officially on Access's website. I understand that something along these lines is hopefully on it's way.
Old 07.02.2006, 06:26 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyMan
G.N.D - I am having similar problems on a new DualCore G5 Mac with the latest OS X update running Logic 7.1.1... so don't jump ship just yet. I would hold out for the aforementioned OS 1.1 and see how it goes. But it is very frustrating.

It is worth remembering that Logic 5.5.1 has never been supported by Access in relation to the TI. Which is a bummer for all Logic 5.5.1 users - but this has always been the case.

I am fairly certain that there must be a wealth of "work arounds" for a great number of DAW's (Logic, SX, DP etc.) on using a TI. And it would make all of our lives a lot easier if these work arounds could be displayed officially on Access's website. I understand that something along these lines is hopefully on it's way.
here's the draft of a forthcoming tutorial I'm working on at the moment. please note that it is not a final version and there is no need to send me comments about it at this stage.

nevertheless it might help you to troubleshoot your system:

Logic 7:

http://www.babylonwaves.com/files/Ap...c_Tutorial.zip

Cubase SX3:

http://www.babylonwaves.com/files/St...X_Tutorial.zip

please note that the tutorials are work in progress and i would appreciate if you wouldn't put them on another site or post them on.

hope that helps,

marc
Old 08.02.2006, 03:08 PM
Amateur
Amateur

Marc - bang on. I was only expecting a text only type of check list. The graphical interface is the way to go. I look forward to the completed version.

Nice one.
Old 08.02.2006, 04:23 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Quote:
i wonder if there is people besides Girlnextdoor who do prefer 1.07 over 1.08 or 1.09. ? there were so many significant improvements to pretty much all aspects including stuck notes and arpeggiator timing that we find it hard to believe that somebody would actually prefer 1.07.

in other words: if you discover stuck notes with 1.07, you shouldn't be surprised.

best, marc
For me, it's not only the software integration being buggy, I get stuck notes, blank screens, dsp crashes,arp drifts with 1.1 beta 3 firmware(without usb) like never before. It's like rolling back to the earliest os versions. I've heard that 1.1beta 3 is simply a 1.0.9 with added midi remote templates (not working yet). I dont mind about the software integration so much, the thing that counts for me and every user on the TI it's the sound and its stability. Usb integration is welcome but with a stable TIOS first. I'm really fed up upgrading and upgrading just to realize that the bugs almost remain the same. As i did a research backwards in this forum, regarding the posts from virus C users with early os(5.5) I realized that the TI is by far more problematic than the C. Access please I'd really want to enjoy the killer sound of my TI but every time I face a blank screen or a dsp crash makes me feel REALLY upset and frustrated.
Old 08.02.2006, 04:48 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via MSN to glendale

Well, I've had lots of problems with OS < 1.09 - since 1.09 everything works fine:

- it's booting up without deplugging it
- it's not crashing (that often)
- ARPs are in time

But I'm "only" on Sonar and don't use VC ... it's still sometimes skipping notes, but I think, it runs out of polyphony. Maybe it'll be a great feature to show the used voices in the display?

Cheers,
glen
Old 08.02.2006, 04:53 PM
Am starting to like this forum

So it seems that 1.1 beta has the problem. I'll wait for official 1.1 and have my fingers crossed..
Old 08.02.2006, 05:29 PM
Amateur
Amateur

Quote:
i wonder if there is people besides Girlnextdoor who do prefer 1.07 over 1.08 or 1.09. ? there were so many significant improvements to pretty much all aspects including stuck notes and arpeggiator timing that we find it hard to believe that somebody would actually prefer 1.07.

best, marc
Hello Marc!

1.09 seems fine here, exept it only holds arps for one bar! No help with pedal, or hold buton eighter! Live 5.03 ..one sec...had to check again now to be shure, seems to work fine now in standalone, but it was like this a few days. Maybe it just needed an extra rebot! Or it might be when conected to the computer... Ill try it later tonight..
Old 10.02.2006, 05:35 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepwalker
Quote:

best, marc
Hello Marc!

1.09 seems fine here, exept it only holds arps for one bar! No help with pedal, or hold buton eighter! Live 5.03 ..one sec...had to check again now to be shure, seems to work fine now in standalone, but it was like this a few days. Maybe it just needed an extra rebot! Or it might be when conected to the computer... Ill try it later tonight..
let us know

marc