Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 14.07.2004, 04:12 PM
New here
New here

Default patch loading problem

hi everyone,

I own an access virus b desktop synth.

i bought the trance source x soundbank for it a while ago and it worked and loaded up fine into my virus. about a week ago i updated my virus to the newest operating system (4.9) I then updated to have 1024 patches instead of 512. i then purchased the incubation virus soundset from vengeance sound and also downloaded some of the soundsets from the access virus website.

Today i tried to load up the incubation soundset and another from the access website but it didn't seem to work properly.
I loaded the midi file of the incubation soundset into cubase sx 1.06 and outputted it to my virus. I then went to CTRL on the virus and went to the midi dump rx parameter and changed it to "force to bank b" as this is the bank i wanted to overight. I then pressed play in cubase.

I noticed that while the bank was loading into the virus it said SE in very small writing in the top left hand corner of the virus led. I then read on the access website that it should flash up with SX and NOT SE?

Anyway i thought oh well it still should have loaded the bank, but no it didn't.

It loaded about 5 sounds into the b bank instead of 128. i tried several times with different sound banks and the same happened.

Has anybody got any idea what is wrong or how to fix this. maybe some settings in the synth or in cubase?

Thanks alot
Old 14.07.2004, 10:34 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

The only thing I could add would make sure you have set your sequencer to a really slow tempo (60bpm) and make sure you have turned off all out-going midi clock/syncing from your sequencer.

If it is still not working after this I have no idea.

I have a VC, so I'm not completely sure about the OS bugs (if any) for the B.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 15.07.2004, 10:20 AM
New here
New here

Thankyou, i have fixed the problem now. i hadn't turned off the outgoing midi clock.

thanx