Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 25.11.2004, 08:40 PM
New here
New here

Default Problem.

Hi,

I am new to this so please excuse me if I ask simple questions. I have a Virus KC, and I am working in multi-single mode with Cubase. When I play a certain patch in single mode, it sounds full and has some echo kind of effect, but when in multi-single the same patch sounds different, and does not sound like it does in single mode. The echo effect that gives it a longer "kind of" release effect has gone and the sound stops suddenly. It also doesn't sound quite as intense as it does in single mode, which is probably due to losing this effect. Why should that be ? Surely in multi-single all it is doing is proving upto 16 channels of singles at once and should have no effect at all on the single patch sound for that MIDI channel.

Thanks for any help.
Old 25.11.2004, 09:26 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Multi Single mode has only one Reverb / Delay section that all the 16 parts of the Multi patch share. So for your single patch to sound exactly the same you would need to set the Reverb / Delay parrameters exactly the same.
I'm not sure but I think you can copy the Reverb / Delay from a Single to the Multi. Can any other forum users clarify this?
Old 26.11.2004, 01:18 PM
New here
New here

I have a Rack Classic, so I'm not sure if there's a big difference between the Rack Classic and the KC, but here's how you do it on the Rack Classic:

1. Work out the Delay/Reverb setting of the single patch. This is in the EFX (or maybe EDIT) parameter menu. It'll either be set to Reverb or Delay, then check how that delay or reverb is set. Write these settings down.

2. Go into Multi mode (or Multi Edit mode) and go to the same EFX or EDIT menu. Change the parameters so that it mirrors the settings from the single patch you wanted to reproduce.

3. You may then need to go into Multi Single mode and select the part that you've chosen for the original patch. Go into its EFX or EDIT menu and set the Reverb / Delay Send parameter to whatever you want (for exactly the same depth as the original, you'll want 127 if you've set the Multi delay/reverb setting exactly as the single patch was to start with).

4. If you've had to alter any parameters in the patch and it's not in Bank A or Bank B, you'll probably have to save the patch to a new slot in Bank A or B.

It is a bit confusing, but it's all because only one Reverb or Delay setting can be used at any one time. In Single mode, you've got that setting for one patch. One FX setting, one patch; nice and easy. However, in Multi or Multi Single mode, all patches have to share that sound. The only control you have over it is to send less or more of the signal through that FX setting.

The way I do it is to have a massive Reverb setting and then send varying amounts of signal from each patch. e.g. 10%, 20% You get used to it after a while.