Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 17.05.2005, 11:50 PM
New here
New here

Default [unsolved] Volume/Gain too low (even with M.Vol. at max)

Hello, I got a Virus KC recently and have read through the manual but can't seem to solve this problem - I am running the Virus to a MOTU HD192 and on into a PC running Nuendo. I have the Virus volume at max, but the signal reaching the MOTU is still way too low, only about a 1/3 of max (according to LEDs). Is there an internal setting to increase the overall gain of the Virus? Or am I going to have to boost the input gain in Nuendo to compensate? Thanks for any help...

peace
ryel
Old 18.05.2005, 12:19 AM
New here
New here

update - I see that I can increase the patch volume for the particular patch that I'm on, but still would like to increase overall gain somehow.

Also, while I'm at it, the manual mentions that patches can be stored to two categories, but doesn't actually describe how to assign the second category... let's say I like a Bass sound that's filed under Bass, how do I add it to the Favorites category without removing it from the Bass category? And also, how do I delete patches from categories? The manual doesn't seem to cover this.

Thanks.
Old 18.05.2005, 12:27 AM
New here
New here

I am starting to feel like an idiot... I can't even seem to add a patch to any category. This is what I'm doing... I find a patch I like that I want to add to Favorites 1, I hold down SINGLE, use the PARAMETER buttons to find the category Favorites 1, and then let go of SINGLE. But this doesn't seem to work.

I've gone through the manual several times, and all I find is pages 16 and 105, where it says that "SINGLE sounds can belong to two categories at the same time," but never actually describes how to do it.

HELP!
Old 18.05.2005, 01:07 AM
This forum member lives here

yeah, I typically find myself increasing the input gain in cubase on the input buss. This is in conjunction with turning both the c's main volume and patch volume all the way up. My chain is virus c to echo layla 24 to cubase sx 3.
Old 18.05.2005, 01:10 AM
Pro
Pro

I have a motu 896 and I can almost never turn the virus all the way up.

Usually have virus (b desktop) on around 3/4 volume and motu input gain at half to avoid clipping.
Old 18.05.2005, 10:18 AM

Default Re: [unsolved] Volume/Gain too low (even with M.Vol. at max)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryelk
Hello, I got a Virus KC recently and have read through the manual but can't seem to solve this problem - I am running the Virus to a MOTU HD192 and on into a PC running Nuendo. I have the Virus volume at max, but the signal reaching the MOTU is still way too low, only about a 1/3 of max (according to LEDs).
One thing to try is change the input settings for the MOTU card so that it is -10dBV

You can do this from the MOTU PCI-424 application thingy.....

Then, from within Cuemix console, you can increase Gain if neccessary

Good luck!

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 10.03.2011, 01:25 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Send a message via MSN to virussnowman Send a message via Skype™ to virussnowman

Hi there, Okay the REAL reason this is happening is that with all good synths and plug-ins, The volume is kept a little lower by default (as you know even when you crank it its the same, (Theres no need to turn down everything! This is the worst thing you can do! It will ruin your final mix) is because access have taken into account your going to add things like EQ's, limiters and compressors. If you use logic and you use the virus like me, Add a signal chain of , EQ, Compressor, Limiter as a standard for your access channel. Your effect will be noticable immediately! This way you can tweak the virus all you like without 'wrecking' your other channels. It makes sense as the volume is always easier to boost than to cut down as you will know. I guess the thing that access are trying to prevent(as it even says in the manual!) is clipping, And/or distortion. As this is very undesirable!. There you have it.