Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 20.03.2011, 04:45 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Send a message via MSN to virussnowman Send a message via Skype™ to virussnowman
Talking Access/Logic pro 9 set up help please!

Hey there fellow infekted! I was wondering 1 thing that still bugs me since buying my Virus TI. I will explain it & hopefully someone can help.. . I have a mac ( standard desktop 4gb, 3.06GHz Intel Core i3.) Now I have the virus set up in logic pro 9. Audio through USB. Now what I want to know is. How can I use the TI as a soundcard as well? When I first set up the virus. Logic automatically made the virus my default soundcard, But when I tried that, No sound, I could see all my audio channel strips pumping away so it was playing & volume was up on both virus and computer* (This can still be changed in the preferences tab in logics options) As u know on the rear of the access it has 2 ins, 2 outs, Midi in/out. The only thing I have plugged up is the USB. And all audio is coming through the internal sound source on my mac through logic. works fine! Sometimes though, I wish to use the synth separately, (without having to open logic) and or/ effects from it for audio and maybe even my Nord wave synth when it comes next week. Any tips for setting it up like this?? My midi keyboard is only an Oxygen 25 at the moment and supports midi etc But has no Midi in/out. Only a usb to control(weird being a mk3 i know). So really 2 use my access I have to use it in logic. When I first tried it though. It was set up in the store with a roland juno hooked up to it through midi in/out. (No usb) So really am looking to use the access virus as a primary sound source. A lot of people I know use it this way and Im thinking maybe when I get my Nord which has midi in/ out, I can do this. even though it all sounds a little confusing, I know the resolve may be relatively simple, * Any help would be great. & hopefully u get what I mean. Thanking u greatly in advance =) Kindest regards. Dano
Old 20.03.2011, 04:16 PM
Infektion taking hold...

To hear the sound when you are using the TI as your interface you would need to connect the outs of your TI to your amp/monitors/desk.

When your Nord arrives, to use it as a controller without going through Logic you would connect the MIDI Out of that to the MIDI In of the TI. You might need to turn some sort of Local control off on the Nord to stop it sounding at the same time as the Virus & check the Nord channel transmit & TI receive are the same. Off the top of my head I think you would do this in the Config menus, check the manual to find out exactly how.
Old 21.03.2011, 12:17 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Send a message via MSN to virussnowman Send a message via Skype™ to virussnowman

I think you should totally get paid for that ! Thats an absolute perfect answer 2 a number of questions!=) HUGE thanks! Massive! hehe cheerz man =)
Old 21.03.2011, 02:44 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by virussnowman View Post
HUGE thanks! Massive! hehe cheerz man =)
You're welcome