Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 15.04.2011, 02:31 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Send a message via MSN to virussnowman Send a message via Skype™ to virussnowman

U shouldnt have any problems with a mac like yours, Nor logic 9.1.3. I mean its still a little buggy but Maybe it is the virus after all. Funnily enought I have the same set-up. I also had a similar problem when browsing through patches too fast. But that seems to have settled down. A Tip I do have for you, With your patches. If you click on matrix section,Under your slots, all the modulation your just not using, From the drop down menu's, rather than (modulation is a popular one) click & select [off], On the ones your 'not' using.This seemed to have done the trick 4 me. I know u shouldnt have to do this though but See how ya go=) If that doesnt work u can hit up access support. Usually their responses are swift. Either way if its fixed or not can u let us know if u pin point the reason as its always good to know. Cheerz. DW
Old 15.04.2011, 02:33 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Send a message via MSN to virussnowman Send a message via Skype™ to virussnowman

Check out this link for more in depth view of whats just under the hood of ur virus, And various differences. This will shed some light on some interesting facts=)
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/dec0...essvirusti.htm
Old 28.04.2011, 04:43 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by virussnowman View Post
U shouldnt have any problems with a mac like yours, Nor logic 9.1.3. I mean its still a little buggy but Maybe it is the virus after all.
This is what I keep thinking too, it's proper frustrating trying to work with it like this.

I've not had too much time to troubleshoot with it lately, but now I'm back to normal again I thought I would fire it up today to look at it. I did download the latest OS when it first came out hoping that would magically fix whatever was wrong with it, but all it's done is introduce a new problem.

When I've got Logic open along with the VC the Virus will occasionally spew random noise at me, Logics sequencer doesn't have to be running for this to happen either. It sounds like there's 100 arpeggiated notes being sent through it - usually I can solve it by hitting the panic (mono/sync) buttons but this doesn't always work. If it doesn't stop on the first panic press then that usually means the Virus won't respond to any incoming MIDI until I restart the VC.

I've emailed Jorg at Access support about it using the same ticket number as before as the last problem wasn't really solved - me having no time to troubleshoot rather than them not helping.

Quote:
Either way if its fixed or not can u let us know if u pin point the reason as its always good to know. Cheerz. DW
I'll keep you guys informed, cheers for the SOS link by the way
Old 05.05.2011, 10:32 AM
Infektion taking hold...

UPDATE: It looks like we have finally been able to sort out my issues, the culprit - a USB hard drive connected via a USB hub

I have no idea why this was causing a problem for the Virus, according to the computer the port the TI is on is separate to the port the hub is on.

Jorg from support (who is very helpful) says that USB drives can quickly eat up any available USB bandwidth, but in my non computer trained brain seeing as the ports are separate from each other I wouldn't have thought that would cause me a problem.

Anyway, the TI has been running flawlessly for the last couple of days so it must have been & if I have to disconnect the USB drive which is only used for Time Machine when working with the Virus - I can live with that.