Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 18.08.2011, 05:49 PM
New here
New here

Default Does anyone who uses Logic have a stable setup?

I have a 2010 imac i7 running Snow Leopard and Logic 9.1.5. I'm plagued with problems on my Virus TI2. Sometimes it's not recognized on startup, goes out of sync, plays itself, etc. Does anyone here that uses Logic and a mac have fully stable working total integration?
Old 18.08.2011, 08:13 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

I dont use logic so cant help you but I will say there are a LOT of people on the official access forum that are having the same problems with the AU version of VC so dont feel bad, its not just you.
Not wanting to hi-jack the thread but I would like to ask if there is anyone on here that is running VC successfully on pro tools LE? I know one person has it working on an HD system but thats a totally different ball game. I gave up ages ago but I was wondering if anyone out there has managed to make it work yet? Anyone?
Old 18.08.2011, 10:20 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

heh Roderick

I run MacOSX 10.6.7 with Logic 9.1.4 (1700.2) 32 bit with no problems now.
I was having issues similar to you with a Logic song template I was using. I had created it with a bunch of predefined Virus TI, and Stylus RMX tracks.
At the time I was convinced something was wrong with VC, then I read somewhere to just open the "Virus TI Tutorial Song.lso" and try that to see how it runs. For me it ran perfectly, so I assumed there was something wrong inside my customized song template.
If i stripped out all the midi parts and placed mine in there with additional audio tracks everything worked fine. The same would go for just opening a new Empty Project in Logic; File > New > Empty Project.
Old 19.08.2011, 04:37 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

I'm very interested in this thread. As a PC guy with FLStudio historically, recently got a Mac (not just for music but basically bought for me by my work) and went out of pocket for Logic studio. Lots to like about Logic, but I'm still learning. I would have thought that with the tight hardware/software integration of the Mac, there is pretty much no excuse for any hardware that says it works with it to be buggy, but I think I'm reading otherwise here? Sounds like all the same bugs that occur on PC.

I will say that I'm starting out with Lion, and between that and Logic 9.1.5 it is a mess of crashes and lockups. I understand Lion is new, so I'm actually sticking with out of box synths and samplers (except for Zebra which I loaded) for now. I know they patched yesterday and I haven't had a lot of time to spend with it, but what a mess, crashes at least once an hour with nothing but a factory install and Logic synths running. Seems like OSX Lion is the Apple version of Vista, only worse. Hope it gets better. Saw lots of folks bitching about Lion, so I guess its just a waiting game for patches. Welcome Apple to the Microsoft world.

Anyway I was hoping the Mac/Logic integration would be tight enough to inspire me to get a hardware Virus again. Please do keep us posted, if you have good or bad luck with AU Virus Control. One thing I have noticed is that certain things like my MIDI controller aftertouch just work (assuming the synth patch acts on it). That part is nice and I assume would be true with the AU version of VC?
Old 19.08.2011, 05:04 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Send a message via MSN to virussnowman Send a message via Skype™ to virussnowman
Smile Problem fix suggestion & free sounds

I have The exact same set-up! I personally find the newest OS has issues! If you switch to OS 4.0.05! You should be fine!! If that doesnt work try updating to 4.1.16 or newer, I had the SAME problem man it was annoying. Hope this helps,
Anyone want 60 FREE sounds for their TI,TI2 Snow?
Heres a demo bank taken from my Volumes 1 to 3!=) http://www25.zippyshare.com/v/78992287/file.html
Old 21.08.2011, 07:37 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by synthfiend View Post
heh Roderick

I run MacOSX 10.6.7 with Logic 9.1.4 (1700.2) 32 bit with no problems now.
I was having issues similar to you with a Logic song template I was using. I had created it with a bunch of predefined Virus TI, and Stylus RMX tracks.
At the time I was convinced something was wrong with VC, then I read somewhere to just open the "Virus TI Tutorial Song.lso" and try that to see how it runs. For me it ran perfectly, so I assumed there was something wrong inside my customized song template.
If i stripped out all the midi parts and placed mine in there with additional audio tracks everything worked fine. The same would go for just opening a new Empty Project in Logic; File > New > Empty Project.
I will try this. How did you change the track names though? It won't let me.
Old 24.08.2011, 06:21 AM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
I dont use logic so cant help you but I will say there are a LOT of people on the official access forum that are having the same problems with the AU version of VC so dont feel bad, its not just you.
Not wanting to hi-jack the thread but I would like to ask if there is anyone on here that is running VC successfully on pro tools LE? I know one person has it working on an HD system but thats a totally different ball game. I gave up ages ago but I was wondering if anyone out there has managed to make it work yet? Anyone?
Seriously...nobody? dang!
Old 23.11.2011, 01:41 PM
New here
New here

I have Pro Tools 10 and Lion on a macbook pro i7. Being fairly new at this I have not gotten virus control to work. I expect it will take some time to get it all worked out. The fact is that apple does not include every manufacturer of computer compliant software and hardware in their R&D thus the advent of a new OS is as much a surprise to the company as it is to the gear as it is to the user. It takes time and then hopefully all issues resolve. The point is that incremental updates despite the sweeping claims of the manufacturer usually cause more problems than they solve. The true purpose of incremental updates may very well be to continue generating sales to those who are obsessed with the latest and greatest. Once you have a working system leave well enough alone and get busy with what you intended it for in the first place.
Old 24.11.2011, 07:02 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by topper View Post
I have Pro Tools 10 and Lion on a macbook pro i7. Being fairly new at this I have not gotten virus control to work. I expect it will take some time to get it all worked out. The fact is that apple does not include every manufacturer of computer compliant software and hardware in their R&D thus the advent of a new OS is as much a surprise to the company as it is to the gear as it is to the user. It takes time and then hopefully all issues resolve. The point is that incremental updates despite the sweeping claims of the manufacturer usually cause more problems than they solve. The true purpose of incremental updates may very well be to continue generating sales to those who are obsessed with the latest and greatest. Once you have a working system leave well enough alone and get busy with what you intended it for in the first place.
Support for the RTAS version of VC was announced over 4 YEARS ago & it has NEVER worked properly on my le set up. In fact it hasn't even come close & probably never will, so don't hold your breath waiting for a stable working version.
The only people I know that have managed to get the RTAS version working are the ones with a HD rig, so if you have several thousand dollars to invest in one plus the cost of the virus plus you'll have to buy a pcie card or a hub & several weeks to spend emailing jorg (the only person that I know of on support) then there is a slim chance that you just might get it to work...good luck.
Old 26.11.2011, 08:59 AM
New here
New here

I have now got my virus Ti working reliably with logic 9.1.5 and 2011 Mbp i7.

The customer support is excellent and you do need to work through all steps patiently and methodically with them.

I wouldn't go near lion with a barge pole however, sticking with snow leopard until there's a new logic release developed for lion and that can take advantage of the new quad processors in this generation of macs.

Cheers, Simon