Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 09.10.2005, 07:48 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

But what did you guys think. Isnt reverb quite a hog for resources anyways....not just on the virus? Perhaps Acces should have marketed it as a 64 note poly....and then you wouldnt fee hard done by....

But why would you want to use onboard reverb anyways to record with? Even if you did want its reverb...I would have thought you'd all lay down the tracks dry then bounce back the ones you wished to treat. I guess everyone works differently...

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 09.10.2005, 08:20 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

DIGITAL SCREAMS: I agree with you on there as well...
I personally always start by compressing the signal(before any other effect, otherwise the compressor introduces quite a bit of unwated artefacts) so I will only use the virus effects in the writing process...
For me the TI is mostly going to be a writing too(I will lay down my tracks with TI without worrying about my precious CPU...Then I will pick each synth that I want to use for each sound).

Hopefully it's going to work well
Old 09.10.2005, 10:01 PM
Veteran
Veteran

So how about TI users do some meaty tests!
Old 14.10.2005, 11:58 PM
New here
New here

Yes, TI users i want some of your meat. Give it to me

WIHH
________
FORD SUNLINER SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited by WindInHisHair : 11.02.2011 at 12:57 AM.
Old 15.10.2005, 05:24 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

From the tests I've done tonight, 11 channels of TI give me an average of 2-5% usage of CPU. This is actually MUCH better than anything I could ever imagine in my wildest fantasies. Really. That synth is probably the best investment I've done in the past 3 years(and I've done quite a few unfortunately lol). If they can fix some of the issues(well they kinda have to fix them anyways...meaning better arp sync) this synth could really be a revolution...Might even be the last synth I ever purchase. Quite surprising coming from a synth junkie like me.
I've had 0 crash since the beginning, only a few blank screens and arp sync problems...Restarting the TI fixed the issue, I'm just really concerned about live usage. I was planning to do my first live acts around march 2006 but now I'm not so sure about it :-S

Time will tell!
Come on Access, you guys did an awesome job so far(really achieved the unthinkable in my opinion), now you just have to add the extra polish that will make this synth a must-have for all of us
Old 15.10.2005, 11:38 AM
Pro
Pro

Madstation (or somebody else), I guess you can test how the reverbs/delays affect the polyphony? Make several tracks (about 8 ) playing some sounds which need about 32 voices of polyphony. Then load a big unison lead patch with 6 voices per note and start playing multiple (6) notes at the same time. Then enable the reverbs one channel at a time on the other channels and see if you can still play the big unison sound with the same notes. Or something similar...

Or you can just search the polyphony limit first with any sounds when the reverbs are mostly turned off. Then switch the reverbs on and see if the tracks can still play or not.

Btw, Madstation, what is you computer setup and soundcard and which latency and sequencer you use?