Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > Off topic

Off topic An off topic playground. If your post doesn't seem to fit on the other areas, it surely will fit here.

Old 01.09.2008, 04:25 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Default Ridiculous aliases...

OK, I've been a bit bored and trying to amuse myself. While doing some browsing through my MP3 collection I got to thinking how some artists/producers/remixers come up with the aliases they release tracks under.

For instance, Jay Welsh released tracks under "Sisko", "Fatheads", "Black Ice", "Blind Faith", "The Unknown", etc. Oakenfold used two or three of Welsh's tracks in a row in some of his Essential Mix sets from 1999. (BTW, when "Fatheads - Music 4 Lunch" and "Sisko - Light Over Me (Gate of Light Remix)" were mixed in the set it made for one kick ass transition.)

So, for shits and giggles I have been thinking of silly aliases to release music under. Yesterday while grilling out with the neighbors I was asked if I wanted my burger on a French hamburger bun (I'd rather eat dog shit) or a Kaiser roll (delicious!); and then asked if I wanted American cheese (blech!) or Munster (yum!). I of courwe chose the Kaier/Munster combo. Thus, "Kaiser Munster" is my first ridiculous alias.

Since Halloween is coming up I thought of a Halloween remix alias. The face of the demon in the movie "The Exorcist" is that of "Captain Howdy"

So I'm thinking that the "Captain Howdy" remix of any track has got to be pretty damn dark and spooky. Muhahahaaaa!!!!

So, if you had to choose a ridiculous alias to release under, what would it be?

ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile
Old 01.09.2008, 06:53 PM

the combination of the name captain howdy with that spooky mask . . . quite creepy. I like it.

So being that I lack any creative insight today, I decided to let the internet do the work for me. A quick trip over to the automatic band name generator and voila . . . My new alias is Fortified Marmalade.
Old 01.09.2008, 07:08 PM

Yay! Doc's back from the future!

My new name shall be Even Steven and the Beverly Others.
Old 02.09.2008, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Vantaa Man View Post
Yay! Doc's back from the future!
The future's looking bright my friend!! It's good to be back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Vantaa Man View Post
My new name shall be Even Steven and the Beverly Others.
That name has gold albums written all over it.
Old 02.09.2008, 04:09 AM

Use it if you like mate!
Old 03.09.2008, 11:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Jones View Post
The future's looking bright my friend!! It's good to be back.

That name has gold albums written all over it.
Gentlemen (term used loosely, of course),

Epic choices indeed! The Doctor is "In tha' Hiz-Ouse" as "Fortified Marmalade", and the fair tempered (maybe vengeful, actually) disposition of OVM manifests as "Even Steven", with a quick return on the "Beverly Others."

We are off to at least a triple platinum, 2 CD release with the aliases chosen thus far. Mixed genre of course, no "Menudo" cover songs though please...

Personal historical note on "Captain Howdy": When I was six years old my family lived in Fort Hood Texas. My Dad was still in the US Army; my Uncle Nick retired there with my Tante (Aunt) Trudel. Trudel was kind enough to relieve my Mother of my company every few weekends. I loved visiting with her because Uncle Nick would take me out in to the backyard to shoot a pellet rifle (at anything except his tool shed), and Tante Trudel would always take me to the movies, to see ANYTHING I wanted. The first movie she ever took me to was "The Howling," an awesome werewolf movie of that era. When my brother found out I had seen "The Howling" he took it upon himself to further my horror movie education by renting "The Exorcist" the following year from the video store in Frankfurt a.M., Germany. We both shit ourselves when "Captain Howdy's" face appeared like a wraith in flash sequences during certain parts of the movie. We freeze framed the video over, and over, and over trying to get a clear shot at what exactly the face was, as we did not know if it was the ghost of Father Damian Karas's mother, or indeed the demon inside the girl. We finally got a shot that was devoid of the typical black and white fuzzy horizontal lines that plagued first generation VHS machines freeze frame abilities, and were totally freaked out! I will never forget that image, and might just have to go to the Magic and Fun shop here in town to buy the required make-up/teeth/etc. for a "Captain Howdy" DJ set this Halloween. Muhahahahaaaa!!!!

Any ideas for a "Fortified Marmalade" corporate logo? What's it fortified with anyway, or is that a trade secret?

OVM, are the Beverly Others descendants of the Osmonds by any chance?

ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile
Old 04.09.2008, 12:42 PM

Ace story Alex! I'm in love with your Tante Trudel. And could any kid ever wish for anything better than an uncle who lets you shoot a gun? You have to get a torrent of Exorcist now and show us that frame.

Btw, I was thinking maybe Beverly Others and the Even Stevens instead? Captain Howdy is a great name for a totally evil character. Marvel would defo buy it, get it registered mate.
Old 04.09.2008, 04:07 PM

oh man, The Howling - that movie completely rocked. The werewolf transformations were amazing. I was just a kid when I last saw it, but there is one scene in there that I still vividly remember - the scene where the werewolfy guy was like "Wendy, I'd like to give you piece of my mind" and then he proceeded to actually dig his fingers into his head and literally give her a piece of his mind. Disgusting . . . . and classic at the same time!
Old 04.09.2008, 04:13 PM

you know Alex, I am a huge fan of scary movies, but there is something about the exorcist. It's just . . . too scary.
Good lord, even this movie still gives me nightmares!

Old 05.09.2008, 02:50 AM
Administrator

AWESOME! Glad I jerked up some good..err.really freaky memories from yesteryear. Halloween cometh, we must prepare!

OVM, the image I posted above, the white-faced wraith in the black background - that is "Captain Howdy." I read the IMDB summary of the Exorcist, pretty good actually, it reminded me that in the early stages of Reagan's possession, she referred to the spirit that communicated with her via a Ouija board as "Captain Howdy." When her behavior becomes more strange and bizarre a psychologist of some kind goes to speak with Reagan (if I remember correctly) and asks if the person inside Reagan (Captain Howdy) can answer the questions directly, and not through Reagan's voice, and then Reagan immediately is overtaken by the demon (apparently a lesser demon than "Pazzuzu" who ultimately takes ove the body and soul of the girl) and immediately attacks the psychologist - HOLY SHIT!!! I think shortly after that Reagan goes into the "head-backwards scene posted by Doc, where she jams a crucifix in her vagina and screams in a demonic voice: "Let Jesus F*%K YOU! Let Jesus F*%K YOU!" Dude! I'm getting freaked out now!!!

Doc, the werewolf you efer to in "The Howling" is "Eddy", who was shot in the head, and offers the female reporter a "piece of his mind"as he digs the bullet out of his brain before he metamorphosises and intends to tear her to shreds as his dinner. See below for the beginning of Eddy's transformation in thsi scene, the actual "brain chunk" image is not easily locatable Google image search:

Those were damn good years fellas'! My brother was all into vampires. After I saw "The Howling" I was hell bent on becoming a werewolf if ever afforded an opportunity become some variant of a damned being. Then in high school I read "The Vampire Lestat" and reconsidered my earlier position. After all, vampires get to enjoy their work in a much cleaner and interactive manner than just violently tearing their victim to shreds as they consume them for a midnight snack as the werewolves do - right? OK, maybe I'd better go drink some holy water or something...

ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile