Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 16.08.2010, 01:29 PM
New here
New here

Unhappy Virus A and Ableton: Will it even work?

Hi all,

Just got a Virus A for a fantastic deal and couldn't wait to hook it up and get crackin.

Sadly though, as an Ableton user, I've recently discovered that A.) There seems to be no compatible VST / Midi editors for the A which work in Ableton and B.) Ableton does not support automating Virus features like the Filter cutoff and LFO rates.

All I'm looking for is a way to automate the Virus while composing along side other softsynths, however, it's looking like the Virus may not fit into an Ableton work flow.

I'm hoping one of you Virus geniuses can help out an suggest a way to automate Control and/or patch management via software compatible with Ableton.

Thanks
Old 16.08.2010, 06:49 PM
New here
New here

Dug around for the better part of a day, and no luck....

I guess it's just not meant to be. It sounds great but without the ability to use it's internal features via MIDI it will likely wind up a paperweight.
Old 31.08.2010, 01:29 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

biz - hope I didn't find this too late for you...

I've made a VSTi/AU Virus B controller and editor using the Ctrlr codebase. I'm using it very happily *as we speak* in Ableton to automate any internal Virus parameters I want (including LCD contrast ) and a public beta release isn't far off. It's FREE and it's OPEN SOURCE (which means if it's not right and I for some reason can't fix it, somebody else can) and I imagine it should work alright with a the Virus A. If not, the tweaking required to make it work with the A should be minimal.

I use it in Ableton and Renoise, and the Ctrlr codebase gives a few more MIDI routing options than those older, closed-source, commercial editors so while some of them just straight-up DIDN'T work, this works perfectly for me.

Read more: http://crayolon.net/supernova-iivirus-b-vsti-editors/