Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 11.09.2003, 01:10 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to crea
Default Any1 got Karma?

I'd like to hear your opinions...

Cheers
.h?kan
Old 12.09.2003, 03:44 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

I just saw one this weekend at a bar in Seoul. this chick was playing tunes over whater the dj was playing. The keys seemed all right. I think it is well suited for live playing and the like. I only heard an EP sound from it.
Old 12.09.2003, 01:56 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

hi there..

i have had one for the past 3 months.. Great synth.. the Karma feature is excellent for live use..

pretty much a Triton without the touchscreen and sampler..but you do get the Karma feature which has to be heard to be believed..

It ain't a fancy arpeggiator.. It is much more than that.. Imagine having 4 simultanoues arps running..with 16 realtime controls over various elements of the patterns ie.. swing, duration, gate, velocity, filter, adlib..

there are over 1400 ge's (korg speak for the attributes that you can change).. you can assign any of these to each sound..

With the new Karma ME software you can write your own GE's to suit your own style of music, but i have found the pre installed ones will suit most tastes

add to that all your standard filter stuff like cutoff/resonance etc

It transmits everything via midi, so all those lovely karmafied beats/riffs can be sent to any piece of midi gear..

Keep in mind it has a steep learning curve but with a bit of time the results are excellent..

check out www.karma-lab.com
(P4 3GHz,1gigDDRAM,120gig Raid 0)running Sonar 4,Yamaha DSP factory,SW1000,AX16,Midiman 2x2, dual TFT/Access VirusC/Nord Rack2/Korg Karma/MS2000/Poly 800/DWS6000/Roland JV1080/MC505/JP8000/ALPHAJUNO/Fantom X8 OS2 1GB Storage,512Mb RAM/Yamaha 01V with MY8AT....AMD 64, Reason 2.5,Edirol Midi interface
Old 12.09.2003, 11:46 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to crea

Thx guys, I watched Stephen Kays demo from NAMM 200x plus the promotional clip and the demos at karma-lab. Iit seems just pha(tt)bulous

/ME wants.

Gotta lay my hands on one sometime soon...