Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 02.03.2006, 07:59 PM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

Default The latest about OS 1.1

For all you wanting the 1.1 update, here is a post from Marc on a different mailing list (dated 01/03/2006):

Quote:
hello,

it was pointed out on virus centric mailing lists that users who still
discover problems using 1.09 have great hope in 1.1 to solve their problems.
in response we decided to freeze the development of new features and
exclusively focus on the reported issues for the time being.
all 1.1 related new features (which are the remote mode and search/category
in the browser) are working already well and we are currently investigating
on those problems some users seem to suffer from whereas other are fine. in
addition we are working with several sequencer manufacturers in order to
overcome TI related issues which we cannot solve on our own.

we were ask recently why we don't necessarily communicate bugs and
shortcoming in host application. we prefer not to because we don't believe
in blame shifting. I guess nobody really cares if the bug is a part of the
virus or a part of the host sequencer. the most important thing is to fix
it.

yesterday we put the first two TI related tutorials on the access website
(for cubase and logic). those certainly will help you to make better use of
the technologies which are unique to the virus TI. another tutorial for
ableton live will follow soon.

now, in case you want to help us, this is the time to get in touch with us.
if you discovered a bug and you know how to reproduce it, let us know and
write into access support. generic reports like "my virus sometimes
crackles" won't help much though. probably as much as like me replying "my
setup doesn't suffer from crackling"

now to answer your question: we could release all 1.1 related features
pretty much _now_. but if you guys give us some more time to get done what
we believe needs to be done. this way, I'm positive that you will like 1.1
even more.

best regards,

marc
access music
I guess if any of you guys are still experiencing bugs then now is the time to let Access know...

Drammy
Old 02.03.2006, 09:03 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Now why don't they post this kind of stuff on this forum? People would think more of them because at the moment it's left to our imaginations, and it'd save a lot of unneeded aggro and back biting from customers on these boards.

I couldn't quite work out how to use mailing lists, including the Ampfea one - they look like a rat's maze - and forums seem more familiar, and it's not like several employees don't come here, so I'm unsure why they don't simply 'duplicate' the official responses here.

Whether Access like it or not, potential customers are swayed by what they see on this forum, from first impressions or long-standing users alike, so while this isn't an "official" portal it still might be constructive to release copies of official one-off responses, and ask people who want to respond to respond via the official channels.

Two-way communication is underrated.
Old 02.03.2006, 09:28 PM

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

I have often thought that the access guys should be given thier own sub board here to moderate / post anoucements etc...
Old 02.03.2006, 09:41 PM
Pro
Pro

nice to hear! hopefully I get mine meanwhile
http://www.thechildhealthsite.com
Old 02.03.2006, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazul
I have often thought that the access guys should be given thier own sub board here to moderate / post anoucements etc...
Yup, I agree regarding them having their own section, but I don't think it's a good idea to let Access employees moderate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo
Now why don't they post this kind of stuff on this forum? People would think more of them because at the moment it's left to our imaginations, and it'd save a lot of unneeded aggro and back biting from customers on these boards.

I couldn't quite work out how to use mailing lists, including the Ampfea one - they look like a rat's maze - and forums seem more familiar, and it's not like several employees don't come here, so I'm unsure why they don't simply 'duplicate' the official responses here.
I'm not a big fan of the mailing lists either. The responses are far between and then going back for reference (specially tech help) is tedious. I guess I'm one of those guys who likes everything in neat little boxes. Each to their own.

But still, I would think as this forum is mentioned a lot on the web and also in Music publications that Access would take more time to post stuff like that here. It makes more sense PR wise anyway.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 02.03.2006, 10:28 PM

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazul
Yup, I agree regarding them having their own section, but I don't think it's a good idea to let Access employees moderate.
I meant just in their own bit - not globally. On the boards Ive run you can generally assign moderators to specific sections without giving global mod rights...
Old 02.03.2006, 11:24 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcell
I'm not a big fan of the mailing lists either. The responses are far between and then going back for reference (specially tech help) is tedious. I guess I'm one of those guys who likes everything in neat little boxes. Each to their own.
Get yourself a gmail account for mailing lists. It groups responses together so it feels like reading a forum. Fantastic stuff. would never go back to a regular mail client and I've always hated web based mail in the past.

If you want an invite just yell.
Old 03.03.2006, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo
Now why don't they post this kind of stuff on this forum?
Probably cos there are people here that start slamming the Access guys when they try to help and post here....

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 03.03.2006, 02:54 AM
New here
New here

IMHO we're better off getting an intermediate release now with the new features (say 1.0.9.5) rather than an indeterminable wait with no info other than an email reporting that access are trying to fix all the bugs. We could be here weeks/months judging by the time spent so far trying to get the software to work properly - the hardware was ready Jan 2005 if not before!

I wholeheartedly applaud Access for trying to get out a bug free version and l love this synth and think there's probably a huge amount more they can do in future system upgrades. However I think it's the wrong decision to make the whole community wait for promissed features which are supposed to be ready now, on the back of perceived views on what the community is or isn't expecting.

I occasionally have bugs (blank screen mainly) - but I for one would rather use remote mode today with or without bugs, than wait many weeks for a bug free 1.1 which we'll get when it's ready anyway. I know others will probably disagree with this.
Old 03.03.2006, 03:14 AM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by domc
IMHO we're better off getting an intermediate release now with the new features (say 1.0.9.5) rather than an indeterminable wait with no info other than an email reporting that access are trying to fix all the bugs. We could be here weeks/months judging by the time spent so far trying to get the software to work properly - the hardware was ready Jan 2005 if not before!

I wholeheartedly applaud Access for trying to get out a bug free version and l love this synth and think there's probably a huge amount more they can do in future system upgrades. However I think it's the wrong decision to make the whole community wait for promissed features which are supposed to be ready now, on the back of perceived views on what the community is or isn't expecting.

I occasionally have bugs (blank screen mainly) - but I for one would rather use remote mode today with or without bugs, than wait many weeks for a bug free 1.1 which we'll get when it's ready anyway. I know others will probably disagree with this.
Yeah, that would be great excep tif they do that they'll get complaints about not fixing the bugs. Lose lose situation for them really.