Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 21.11.2005, 12:13 AM
New here
New here

Default Access Virus TI does not work at all... Please help

Hi,

I am unable to use my Access Virus TI for the past four weeks, and it's getting really really frustrating. Here are the problems one by one:

* When I try to install the driver, setup hangs forever.

* Once I manage to install (after killing some processes), Virus control gets stuck in the initializing stage when I open it using Cubase or any other program. It just hangs when it is supposed to take only a few seconds..

* Asio Driver do not work at all. When I use it as a sound card in other sequencers they just won't accept it.

I have the latest 1.06r2 and my system is the following:

Windows XP, dual 3.6 GHZ
Cubase SX 3.1

I've tried reinstalling the driver in different usb "plugs" but same problem...

PLEASE HELP!

Thank you,

-N
Old 21.11.2005, 06:43 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Hi nectario, this is kind of a tough one without really knowing how your system is setup and configured. Is this machine used specifically for a daw or do you use it for other things as well. First things first, do you have Hyperthreading enabled? Also have you applied the tweaks from musicxp.net. Between those two you might be able to kill the offending processes that may be causing your issues.
Old 21.11.2005, 06:29 PM
New here
New here

Hi,

I use my computer for other things as well. When I first bought the Virus TI, it was working with some minor bugs (patch loading was not accurate) I kept installing new VST instruments etc. but one day on an update (I think 1.04) it stopped working completely since then.

The ONLY thing that kindof works is if the MME or DX sound driver and that too has problems because it plays the songs at a lower tempo..

I tried many things, liking modifying msconfig etc... What I suspect is that my computer has one hub for all usb ports (all ports run through an internal hub...)

Any advice and help is greatly appreciated..

Thank you,

-Nektarios

PS I did not apply the optimizations...
Old 21.11.2005, 06:50 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nectario
Hi,

Any advice and help is greatly appreciated..
well, it could be just about anything causing your issues and we could suggest all sorts of things that may or may not work.

If your virus was working with 1.04 and isn't now it is almost certainly to do with your computer and the software/drivers on it rather than the virus hardware.

At this point I think the best advice is to do a fresh install of Windows. As much work as this sounds like it will make your machine run a lot better particularly if you have a lot of stuff currently installed.