Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 10.03.2006, 10:03 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Default mac users

Has anybody used the TI as an Audio unit rather than VST ?
Are your experiences different to the PC users ?

I'll be using mine with Ableton 5.02 on a G4 12" powerbook on Panther.

My Virus desktop arrives tomorrow !!!
Old 10.03.2006, 11:23 AM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Yo Trelly,
Off topic..I was wondering what inspired your Cd cover picture Avatar image.When i was i kid i used to have a Gary Numan album with an image similar .Now i'm showing my age.
And before anyone asks,No Barnie that sex case thing on the telly didn't inspire my Avatar image
http://www.thegirlnextdoor.de/Virusforum.htm
http://www.myspace.com/thegirlnextdoormusic
Old 10.03.2006, 11:46 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

thats the cover of Metamatic by John Foxx, a truly seminal electro-pop album from 1979-1980.
Along with Pleasure Principle, Computer World, and a few other Electronic albums, it was the album that galvanised me to buy my own synth, a Yamaha CS-5.

Here I am 26 years later.
Old 10.03.2006, 11:52 AM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threlly
thats the cover of Metamatic by John Foxx, a truly seminal electro-pop album from 1979-1980.
Along with Pleasure Principle, Computer World, and a few other Electronic albums, it was the album that galvanised me to buy my own synth, a Yamaha CS-5.

Here I am 26 years later.
Pleasure principle,Thats it...
Gary Numan,cool Geezer !!
He inspired many..."Are friends electric" my personal favourite,i think it got to No1 in the Uk in 79.
http://www.thegirlnextdoor.de/Virusforum.htm
http://www.myspace.com/thegirlnextdoormusic
Old 10.03.2006, 01:13 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Aaah, I remember it well.
Numan and Foxx were essentially contemporaries, Foxx having just left Ultravox and Numan shelling the Tubeway Army moniker.

Within a couple of years, the Italian Futurism lines of British Electro had been washed away by the big-suit stupidness of the New-Romantics and we were denied our own British electro-folk movement, similar to the German Krautrock movement a decade earlier.

Numan eventually dissolved in his own ether having lost the thread and Foxx was sidelined by his own record company.

Metamatic is as startling a listen today as it was then, and shares something with New Orders "Power, Corruption & Lies", both albums have never been matched in production or 'sound' either by the original artists or their contemporaries.

If you have neither album, I suggest you buy them rather than download them.
Old 10.03.2006, 03:21 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Come on you AU users, whats the score ?
Old 10.03.2006, 03:40 PM
New here
New here

My experiences have been exactly the same as everyone elses. Using it as an AU with Logic 7 and Digital Performer. There is no stability or useability with the plugin on any platform currently.
Old 10.03.2006, 06:37 PM

Quote:
I use all kinds of AU's with DP on my Mac, but haven't even tried VC since I bought my Polar. The stories I've read made me simply not want to even try -- no need for the headache. It's obvious the product was released much before it was ready. I can't imagine why a company would want to do this... Perhaps Access has cash flow problems (ugh) and needed to start bringing some cash in regardless.

I've also read that VC doesn't "support" Digital Performer yet, which I don't truly understand, since DP supports AU's just fine.

That being said, I have been thoroughly enjoying my Polar, and so far it has worked virtually perfectly using MIDI cables and 1/4" cables. It is the best-sounding synth I have ever owned, and has awesome features that make it a nice upgrade from my Indigo.... increased polyphony, truly dedicated effects (16 independent reverbs, delays), direct access to effects and other features via front panel knobs, better LCD and menu system, more waveforms, very nice keyboard action, 2000+ presets, etc. And not to mention that the instrument just looks damn cool.

When they finally do get the Virus Control bugs worked out, this'll be one helluva instrument. Until then, I actually find the Polar to be well worth the $2500US I spent on it.
Old 10.03.2006, 06:39 PM

Quote:
I use all kinds of AU's with DP on my Mac, but haven't even tried VC since I bought my Polar. The stories I've read made me simply not want to even try -- no need for the headache. It's obvious the product was released much before it was ready. I can't imagine why a company would want to do this... Perhaps Access has cash flow problems (ugh) and needed to start bringing some cash in regardless.

I've also read that VC doesn't "support" Digital Performer yet, which I don't truly understand, since DP supports AU's just fine.

That being said, I have been thoroughly enjoying my Polar, and so far it has worked virtually perfectly using MIDI cables and 1/4" cables. It is the best-sounding synth I have ever owned, and has awesome features that make it a nice upgrade from my Indigo.... increased polyphony, truly dedicated effects (16 independent reverbs, delays), direct access to effects and other features via front panel knobs, better LCD and menu system, more waveforms, very nice keyboard action, 2000+ presets, etc. And not to mention that the instrument just looks damn cool.

When they finally do get the Virus Control bugs worked out, this'll be one helluva instrument. Until then, I actually find the Polar to be well worth the $2500US I spent on it.