Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 06.03.2006, 07:48 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw7

As I understand it, the TI has both multi mode and sequencer mode.
I just assumed the TI was the same as the Virus C in this regard. On the Virus C the two are called Multi-mode and Multi-single-mode. Maybe the B series isn't capable of this after all.....

Have to admit on the C I tend to record part by part these days. I have been using my C for pads and FXie style sounds recently, so the voices tend to run out pretty quick when running it in multi-timbral mode.

And also welcome to the board Mw7. I took a listen to your tunes as well and they are well put together. Nice work.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 06.03.2006, 06:14 PM

Default Re: TI Sequencer Mode - Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw7
...here's the cool thing - you can easily edit/tweak the singles as much as you want, without having to subsequently store the edits in RAM. You simply do an "arrangement" bulk dump of sysex into a MIDI track, and when you re-load the sysex in sequencer mode, you get all of the patches, but in their edited form.
Slightly different way of working for me... I kinda like having the edited patches in RAM so that I can recall the edited sounds in different projects, or even when I'm not using a sequencer. I keep a whole bank of RAM purely for edited sounds, and store the program numbers in my sequencer for recall.

I totally agree though, the TI sequencer mode is the simplest and most user-friendly implentation of a synth's multi timbral setup I have ever come across. I love the way it even keeps the settings after powering down.

Mr O (Happy TI user)
Old 06.03.2006, 08:03 PM
Pro
Pro

Even the old B series has multi mode and multi-single mode.
Old 11.03.2006, 05:03 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to aisling

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw7
I've been working with multitimbral synths for a long time, but I have to say I am very impressed with the TI's sequencer mode.

After playing with this for a while, it seems as though sequencer mode is just like having 16 TIs, all in single mode. You can have 16 "single" patches assigned to 16 different parts - but here's the cool thing - you can easily edit/tweak the singles as much as you want, without having to subsequently store the edits in RAM. You simply do an "arrangement" bulk dump of sysex into a MIDI track, and when you re-load the sysex in sequencer mode, you get all of the patches, but in their edited form.

The other convenient thing about sequencer mode is that volume and pan are controlled by your sequencer's mixing board (Digital Performer, in my case). These setting don't seem to be stored in the sysex dump, but I can easily use DP's mixer snapshot feature to set those levels at the beginning of a song (or at any other time during the song, using snapshots or fader automation).

BTW, I am using a Polar simply connected with MIDI cables as an old-fashioned hardware synth.
Hi-

How is the latency in dp. I also use dp 4.6 but have only owned my virus a few weeks and am a guitar player first, so my tech time gets eaten up by my creative time. I have not even worked with a sequencer yet, I'm still trying to lay more neurons to accomidate the intese sonic euphoria I get......

I also have the jv1080, how do the 2 work together for you. To be honest I dumped hardware synths for REASON about 4 years ago, and have just "rediscovered hardware"..........Since the virus has newer technology, the bit rate/sample rate/and over all tambre is going to be richer than the jv 1080? (i say this ignorantly since not being a synth player, I used the jv just for midi sequencing)

Living Green, this is how we do it.....
http://www.creativeartflow.com/Joyre...rt/gallery.htm
Old 11.03.2006, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aisling
Hi-

How is the latency in dp. I also use dp 4.6 but have only owned my virus a few weeks and am a guitar player first, so my tech time gets eaten up by my creative time. I have not even worked with a sequencer yet, I'm still trying to lay more neurons to accomidate the intese sonic euphoria I get......

I also have the jv1080, how do the 2 work together for you. To be honest I dumped hardware synths for REASON about 4 years ago, and have just "rediscovered hardware"..........Since the virus has newer technology, the bit rate/sample rate/and over all tambre is going to be richer than the jv 1080? (i say this ignorantly since not being a synth player, I used the jv just for midi sequencing)
I have not used the Virus Control software with my Polar and DP - don't even know if it is compatible. I've just been using it as a hardware synth with MIDI cables and 1/4" cables.

The JV1080 is a "rompler" synth which is a different animal than the Virus. As you know, it sounds great when it is doing what it does best - playing back samples in ROM, doing bells, strings, pianos, etc. I have several expansion cards for the JV, the best being the Session card, which has nice pianos, acoustic guitars, winds, etc. I also have the drum/bass card, and while the drums are mediocre, the basses (electric, slap, fretless, etc.) are awesome. I also have the vintage synth card, which is horrible compared to the Virus.

I think the two sound great together, but only when the JV is NOT being used for vintage/analog type sounds, which the Virus handles spectacularly.
Old 12.03.2006, 01:18 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to aisling

[quote="mw7"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aisling
I have not used the Virus Control software with my Polar and DP - don't even know if it is compatible. I've just been using it as a hardware synth with MIDI cables and 1/4" cables.

The JV1080 is a "rompler" synth which is a different animal than the Virus. As you know, it sounds great when it is doing what it does best - playing back samples in ROM, doing bells, strings, pianos, etc. I have several expansion cards for the JV, the best being the Session card, which has nice pianos, acoustic guitars, winds, etc. I also have the drum/bass card, and while the drums are mediocre, the basses (electric, slap, fretless, etc.) are awesome. I also have the vintage synth card, which is horrible compared to the Virus.

I think the two sound great together, but only when the JV is NOT being used for vintage/analog type sounds, which the Virus handles spectacularly.
Thanks. I also have saome expansion cards...world, dance, hip-hop and techno......
Funny as I began to dislike the REASON "sound" I broke out the jv and got a kick out of the rich bass.........and now a virus to add.
The jv has a great array of sounds great for commercial work, retro......

Living Green, this is how we do it.....
http://www.creativeartflow.com/Joyre...rt/gallery.htm