Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 28.05.2010, 04:51 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default Anyone explain this to me ?????

So I have had my virus ti for close to a year now. Installed it and everything seemed fine. Upgraded os to the next one (3) and everything was once again fine. I installed OS 4 and everything was fine. I installed it about a week after it was released so its been running fine for a little while now. Then suddenly last week it all went crazy !!! Cubase would no longer open it anymore ...usb mode was not showing up in the led screen. When I tried to close my open session, cubase froze up and would not close until I turned of my virus. There was a connection showing in the virus control center, but inside cubase it kept saying that it was not connected.. I performed all the steps I have discovered to do........unplug cables.. reset...plug back in ...Try new usb cable ... reinstall os......etc etc.... And I still have this problem ??? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All is not lost, because after this weird little fiasco, I discovered somthing very interesting. Before I used to have to turn it on before starting cubase. Now I can turn it on whenever I feel like it. Please note----Usb mode does not ever appear in the led screen, so it is telling me that it is not technically connected right ??? But I can now use virus plugin inside cubase as long as I start up the virus after cubase has opened. But the down side to that it that it always crashes cubase when attempting to close it. EXCEPT if I turn it of before atempting to close cubase. Now the amazing thing is that I have discovered that all this time I was using my virus TI, A lot of the functions were not working and I would not notice it becuase they were things I didnt use to often. For example I used to adjust the EQ inside the TI plugin and strain my ears wondering if I could here a difference I used to just belive that it was a very subtle difference, and decided to use other plugin eqs instead. Well now all of a sudden the EQ is actually working !!! and I was wrong all that time becuase I now hear a huge difference when using it !!! Another section that was failing me was the (and please dont laugh) Arppegiator. I have never really used arps much and didnt mess around with the TI arp at all really. But when scrolling through patches that were arp patches , I used to wonder why they would sound so crap ?? Well the reason was becuase there was no arpigiating going on !!!! Oh the arp page was activated and setup so a sound should run like an arp makes it do...But alas for me there was no arpppppapalalalapp happening !!! But once again for whatever has happened now has bought my arp back to life, and i can listen to the arp patches and hear what they are supposed to be doing ...yeah !!!!! So now I weigh the options ......The old way I had more stability but losing out on certain functions of the TI...Who knows, it could be more but I might of overlooked them. The new way i feel is better ,but defenitly not how its supposed to be at all !!! A balance between both would be ideal. Now I can honeslty say that NOTHING was changed from when i used to use it and until recently (except installing os 4...but I dont blame that really becuase like I say I had it since it came out and not a problem until just recently) One other thing , I lose the ability to right click and add lfo to automation like I used to..I have tried doing it with the clock turned off as well and it wont let me.
Old 28.05.2010, 11:56 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Something similarly crazy happened to me a year ago (but not with the virus.) I went nuts for weeks trying to find out the culprit. I was so desperate, I reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled everything! Until I found BY ABSOLUTE CHANCE on a forum that other people were experiencing the same problems and had found out that their antivirus was interfering with Cubase!! Turned out to be the same antivirus I was using. Couldn't be a coincidence! So, I ditched it right away, switched to another one and all of my problems were instantly gone!

For the record, it was BitDefender and the guys at customer service never acknowledged the problem, despite tons of evidence!! The bastards will never see a penny from me, ever again!
Old 31.05.2010, 06:04 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Nah cant be that for me, becuase I dont run any software like that on my production computer, as its rarely ever connected to the webz other then the occasional update. I really am getting a bit ticked of with it now, as its started not loading up again on projects that I have been working on for a while. But strangely enough, it opens up fine in a brand new project. I have tried all the resets and things I can find on google and come across others who have this issue, but while reading the threads they all seem to end the same way, without a solution.
Old 31.05.2010, 10:15 PM
Veteran
Veteran

why don't you de-install the TI software suite and re-install it again. seeing, if the problem persists could tell you something.

best, marc

Follow the Virus on Twitter: http://twitter.com/accessmusic
Watch the Virus on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/accessmusic
Become Infected friends on Facebook: http://facebook.com/pages/Virus/77569453701
Old 01.06.2010, 12:58 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Yep tried that as well. Its very strange though, as sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. One thing I noticed today though, was that when I turn my virus on connected to usb, it overrides my midi output or somthing like that ?? For example I was using a midi track in cubase to control my external Jxp synth. I setup an audio track to record the audio output of the external synth..pretty standard procedure. Then I though..."Hmmmm I bet it would sound sexy if I ran the sound through my virus filters." So I turned on my virus with it connected to usb and suddenly noticed that the midi notes I had in the piano roll and was using just fine before were not working anymore. I dont understand how the virus overide all my midi signals as I did not have a virus ti plugin running in my session ?? When I unplugged the usb cable all was fine and dandy though and I ran the sound through without problems...but would love to be able to use the plugin to be able to control everything when I do this.
Old 01.06.2010, 08:24 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldavid View Post
So I turned on my virus with it connected to usb and suddenly noticed that the midi notes I had in the piano roll and was using just fine before were not working anymore.
most sequencer require a USB midi interface to be present at startup. if you add it while the sequencer is already running, it will not work at all or at least as expected. this is true for the virus ti as well.

best, marc

Follow the Virus on Twitter: http://twitter.com/accessmusic
Watch the Virus on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/accessmusic
Become Infected friends on Facebook: http://facebook.com/pages/Virus/77569453701