Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 14.10.2010, 07:13 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Default virus ti snow -virus control- logic 9 , can't record automation for some parameters

Hi ,
in the LFO page in VC i can't record automation for the knob that sets how much lfo 2 modulate filter "lfo 2-> cutoff 1" or all the other knobs on this page ...

normally, when i right click a knob, shouldn't i see a menu ? so that i can add that parameter to automation , like in cubase ?

i'm on os x 10.6 , logic 9 , virus ti snow 4.0.5
Old 15.10.2010, 12:09 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Remember you got three soft knobs in front of you, plus a mod matrix. It's easy enough to add that parameter to a soft knob or mod matrix to control via wheel etc.

Also if you run out of soft knobs you can always automate it the old way via midi cc.
Old 15.10.2010, 10:36 AM
New here

Hi,
the problem is i've run out of soft knobs and the old school of midi cc doesn't work , some knobs don't transmit any data ... like those on the LFO page of virus control .
Old 15.10.2010, 11:19 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by limlo View Post
Hi,
the problem is i've run out of soft knobs and the old school of midi cc doesn't work , some knobs don't transmit any data ... like those on the LFO page of virus control .
You should be able to automate that parameter, just tested cc88 and it works fine. You can also assign it to an unused controller in the mod matrix as well(such as mod wheel, controller 12,13 ect).
Old 15.10.2010, 04:05 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Hi ,
in the LFO page in VC i can't record automation for the knob that sets how much lfo 2 modulate filter "lfo 2-> cutoff 1" or all the other knobs on this page ...

normally, when i right click a knob, shouldn't i see a menu ? so that i can add that parameter to automation , like in cubase ?

i'm on os x 10.6 , logic 9 , virus ti snow 4.0.5
certain parameters cannot be automated.

marc

Follow the Virus on Twitter: http://twitter.com/accessmusic
Watch the Virus on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/accessmusic
Become Infected friends on Facebook: http://facebook.com/pages/Virus/77569453701
Old 15.10.2010, 04:14 PM
New here

Hi Marc,
on the lfo page of virus control none of the knobs can be automated ?
amount of mod of lfo2 to teh filters can't be automated ? seems weird ...
Old 15.10.2010, 07:45 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
on the lfo page of virus control none of the knobs can be automated ?
amount of mod of lfo2 to teh filters can't be automated ? seems weird ...
You do it by mod matrix like I said, also they receive midi cc from your DAW fine just not transmit midi to your daw in sequencer mode.

So you can draw the automation by hand/use another midi controller to write them in but can't use the virus itself unless you've assigned it to a soft knob.
Old 16.10.2010, 03:18 PM
New here

thanks again for taking time to help me !
ok writing CC in hypereditor works , i tried cc 88 , but where do you find the list ? (how did you know that cc 88 is for lfo2 to filter ?)

writing automation with soft knobs work but 3 it's not enough

record automation from sliders in the matrix page of VC doesn't work .

i still think that these limitations are weird , in all VI's it's possible to automate how much the lfo's modulate other parameters directly from logic automation instead of midi cc's ...
Old 17.10.2010, 03:16 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
thanks again for taking time to help me !
ok writing CC in hypereditor works , i tried cc 88 , but where do you find the list ? (how did you know that cc 88 is for lfo2 to filter ?)

writing automation with soft knobs work but 3 it's not enough

record automation from sliders in the matrix page of VC doesn't work .

i still think that these limitations are weird , in all VI's it's possible to automate how much the lfo's modulate other parameters directly from logic automation instead of midi cc's ...
You'll find the midi cc parameters in the older Virus manuals (such as A/B/C/PowerCore) which you should still be able to grab off the access site.

The parameters on the virus are split into two pages, page B requires polyphonic pressure to control them (some controllers/daws don't support poly press) however all the parameters you want should be on page A and fully capable of being controlled by normal midi cc events.

I do recommend getting a second midi controller for these nuances.

Also note these limitations are just for sequencer mode, when you write automation via single/multi modes (without using the VC plugin and controlling via pure midi alone) all parameters will be writable via the virus itself. But then you miss all the benefits the VC has to offer, which are pretty necessary with the snow.