Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 08.08.2004, 08:57 PM
New here
New here

Default sounddiver locks up pc completely

As the subject says this is a fairly annoying problem. The pc doesn't ever lock up otherwise so its something to do with sounddiver. Also, this never happened before when I used sounddiver with the EMU or Waldorf so it must be somehow connected with the virus library. Sounddiver is the OEM version.

I have an M-Audio audiophile and Steinberg USB2MIDI interface. This is under Win XP. I tried changing the drivers for the USB2MIDI (using midisport's drivers now) but it didn't help any.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09.08.2004, 04:27 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Alot of people seem to have problems with sound diver and virus......I for one think this may be an issue regarding your PC's compatibility to the MIDI interface. There are always incompatabilities with PC motherboard and PCI and MIDI interfaces.

Hence why I use Mac! No problems EVER!!!!!!!

Sorry, didnt mean to rub it in. Hope someone here can provide a good suggestion for you soon.

Good luck!

Jase
Old 13.08.2004, 04:49 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Your not giving many details here.. Is it your whole PC that locks up or just the Application that freezes up... Ive never heard of Sound Diver crashing your PC nor a MIDI Card. Just SoundDiver itself crashing.

My advice when using sound diver is this. The first time you run SoundDiver disconnect your virus. Then abort when it tries to search for a device. Go into the MIDI settings and set the Buffer and the other setting to 1 the lowest they can be.. This seems to help no end when using sound diver and makes it a pleasure to use. This is the only thing I have had to do to get it running correctly. I wouldn't think your MIDI device would be the problem considering that its a good one... So long as it works under your Sequencer app then all should be well...
Old 14.08.2004, 06:05 PM

Default Re: sounddiver locks up pc completely

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogcow
As the subject says this is a fairly annoying problem. The pc doesn't ever lock up otherwise so its something to do with sounddiver. Also, this never happened before when I used sounddiver with the EMU or Waldorf so it must be somehow connected with the virus library. Sounddiver is the OEM version.

I have an M-Audio audiophile and Steinberg USB2MIDI interface. This is under Win XP. I tried changing the drivers for the USB2MIDI (using midisport's drivers now) but it didn't help any.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
When you start Sounddiver, press the escape key to stop the scanning.

Go to Options->Settings->MIDI Communication.

Set 2 buffers per input port, 1kb per buffer.

cu
tk
Old 21.08.2004, 03:31 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasedee
Alot of people seem to have problems with sound diver and virus......I for one think this may be an issue regarding your PC's compatibility to the MIDI interface. There are always incompatabilities with PC motherboard and PCI and MIDI interfaces.

Hence why I use Mac! No problems EVER!!!!!!!

Sorry, didnt mean to rub it in. Hope someone here can provide a good suggestion for you soon.

Good luck!

Jase
Man, Is it me or anytime a Mac person gets an opportunity they bash PC's?
I have a Custom Workstation that I built. I have never had a problem w/SoundDiver my Midi Device, Mobo.
Get the Latest SoundDiver from the Access-Music site, Re-install it. Make sure it's the right one. Tell us in detail what the Problems are.
GL
Old 24.09.2004, 05:04 PM
New here
New here

Well, I still don't know what the problem was but I had to reinstall both windows and sounddiver (OEM) to get rid of it.

tk's reply regarding setting the buffers in sounddiver didn't do anything but I noticed that its the standard reply relating to any issue with sounddiver. Notice how I never said that sounddiver wasn't communicating with the virus. It was crashing my pc.

Royal Tee, yeah I first reinstalled just sounddiver but since it didn't help I reinstalled windows as well. Maybe the sounddiver update replaces one dll or the other and brakes something in windows. I don't know. The virus version of SD never worked on my pc and still doesn't for some reason (it installs and finds the virus and communicates fine - before I get the buffer reply again - but the sliders in the virus implementation jump from 0 to 127 only, I can't set it to any values in between)

I won't even bother commenting on the rest of replies since I doubt they were intending to help anyway.

In any event, if anyone has this same problem then I recommend reinstallling both windows and sounddiver rather then spending days and days trying to troubleshoot and resolve the problem.
Old 26.09.2004, 10:08 AM
Am starting to like this forum

Send a message via MSN to AjmaGard

I solved my sounddiver problem by pressing esc when it starts to recieve from the virus. Then I manually mark one bank at a time, right-click and selcect recieve (or transmit or whatever it?s called).

Hope this helps a bit
Old 01.10.2004, 09:48 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogcow
Well, I still don't know what the problem was but I had to reinstall both windows and sounddiver (OEM) to get rid of it.
which only proves that the problem was your system in the first place and not sounddiver

-marc
Old 02.10.2004, 05:23 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to Panopticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tee
Man, Is it me or anytime a Mac person gets an opportunity they bash PC's?
Well, my response was also going to be 'get a mac' but I was beaten to it. So I suppose your observation is correct. Gotta go get back to my 140 track project now....