Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 26.02.2006, 03:55 AM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
Hang on a sec....the Tomer post was written by someone who can write english well (well kinda well ).....wait a minute....i see it.....i see it in my crystal ball....the initials....

The initials HC.....

You goddamn english teacher!!!!

DS :P
Hehehe, if the person is writing English well then that really rules me out! Matsa will back me up on that one!

Seeing as we are pointing fingers though....

303 has remained very quiet on the issue. Mmmm, where is my game of cluedo when I need it?
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 26.02.2006, 10:20 AM

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

What amazes me with alot of these reviews and many of the rant posts on here and elsewhere is how many people seem willing to spend alot of money on a synth where the sound doesnt seem to be the main criteria.

I can understand spending alot of cash on a workstation on that basis - they are supposed to be feature monsters with lots of useable sounds, but not allways great sounds. But high end synths are generally something that you buy for its sound if you actually care about your own resulting sound.

I guess theres alot of people who buy into it allmost with the mindset of buying into the 'trance franchise' without knowning what they want.

If I'm buying a synth - something about the sound has to rate 5/5 before I will buy it, unless it is very cheap. Even when its very cheap - rack space/studio space has a value, and so it still has to justify its space and therefore a 4/5 is required.
Old 26.02.2006, 10:44 AM

yes Khazul, but the main appeal of the TI was its Total Integration feature. A Virus C does already sound amazing. Even the Virus B, which is what I've got, sounds wonderful. I wouldn't sell my B and buy a TI (imagine: even if I sold my B at about 900 euros, I'd still have to pay 1300 euros for the TI) just for the sound. It's the TI feature what's been the main attraction of the TI ads. It's logical, we musicians who use software sequencers need a synth that complements perfectly with software. That is what the TI was supposed to be. Actually it doesn't seem to be. It sounds great? I don' doubt it. BUT my Access Virus B already sound great.
I follow these threads and forums since months ago; I love the Virus; it's the only synth I've been convinced to buy, and I don't regret it. BUT let's be frank: so far, TI's publicitary campaign has been a moral fraud. I hope this will change in the end, but so far...
greetings from someone who LOVES the sound of the Virus and who would definitely love to buy a TI...a REAL TI.

You can listen to some of my humble music here:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=218341
Old 26.02.2006, 12:42 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
I lust after vintage synths because they are hard to come by.....i dont get jealous of things I can buy in a shop tomorrow....

I didnt realise Tomer lived in Germany now.....

I reckon it must be someone from here or the other forum.....

DS
i have recently moved to east berlin,i wish they brake down this fucking wall already 8O

finaly got what all this is about
lol! how funny is that,it seems that my split personaly have used my virus forum alies to write a negetive feedback.
i wasnt aware i even had a TI!,where did that bastered hide it?!
Old 26.02.2006, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origami
Yes - true, my point was really aimed at the number of reviews in that list that had the sound as anything other than 4/5 or 5/5. So anyone in that list that has the sound as 1/5, 2/5 - my reaction is WTF did you buy a TI for???

Its fair enough for people to be pissed off about other issues, its just I cant understand people buying a high end synth when they didnt check out the sounds and find out if they would like them or not.

Of course maybe they did, and thought they liked it and changed their mind later.
Old 26.02.2006, 07:53 PM

yes yes you're right. Sound is what matters after all. BUt it's just that when I read about the TI more than a year ago, I was so so eager...and now it's out and the TI is just pseudo-TI...a pity.

do you think it will work as a perfect VST some day?

You can listen to some of my humble music here:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=218341
Old 26.02.2006, 08:49 PM

Quote:
If it was anyone else - I might be skeptical. USB audio has been endless trouble for many devices. Thnkfully in this case I think Access actually did the right thing at this time for USB audio - buy in a stable hardware/driver set that was known to work and build on that rather than trying and possibly failing to implement a USB 2 or firewire solution.

They can do that later when they have learned alot more about the problem space (which is very different from writing embedded code for their hardware).

In terms of getting the VSTi right - yeh - Im sure they will (within the limits of the Steinberg VST hosting system which isnt entirely bug free either). I get the impression that the Access guys are very committed to getting the TI right and doing the right thing for thier user community - after all - thats alot of what got them to where they are today.

As for a Feb release, who knows - just chill and let them get on with it
Old 03.03.2006, 08:26 PM
New here
New here

Default nah...you dudes have it back-asswards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazul
Quote:
In terms of getting the VSTi right - yeh - Im sure they will (within the limits of the Steinberg VST hosting system which isnt entirely bug free either). I get the impression that the Access guys are very committed to getting the TI right and doing the right thing for thier user community - after all - thats alot of what got them to where they are today.

As for a Feb release, who knows - just chill and let them get on with it
my ti's been a real bitch to get working w/ a common setup--arguably the one it was designed for--logic pro 7 osx.4. i've been reading lots of the same types of problems [many i've overcome w/ hours of work and experimentation] on this other forum virusti.com. you can read my posts to hear my experience...it's ongoing: link

khazul, i'm glad you're having a great time w/ your pc setup, but that's you and vsti. ti/audio units and I are having a shitty time working and i don't want to just chill and let them get on w/ it. lots of people are apparently having identical problems. i don't want public assertions to the contrary. i want to encourage access to address common problems w/ better documentation and setup assistance, templates, and tutorials. ben crosland, marc, whomever. i've gotten further w/ a message board, and trying stuff over and over than i have w/ access support who just told me to take it in for a warranty repair [not the problem].
Old 03.03.2006, 09:10 PM

So explain to me how giving access a hard time (whether deserved or not) is going to help you get bugs fixed quicker?

The guys you will be stressing are the same guys who are probably working most of their waking hours at the moment on fixes. Personally I would be much happier knowing they aint getting distracted from that task, and therefore stand a better chance of getting it right.

They really do know the issues - they read these forums regularly it seems, those same developers get to see the support emails that a number of us have sent in for one reason or another.

And yes - I have serious issues with the TI as well at times. Maybe because I am also a developer I am way more sympathetic to the situation because Ive been there before, I know the processes and the realities faced by smaller companies. In fact even big companies with allmost limitless resources can get it badly wrong when it comes to the difference between test environments and the real world. I guess also because Im a developer than I have the advantage if having a better idea of how to diagnose and resolve many of the DAW issues I have to deal with - many are not the fault of the TI (audio glitches for example are probably not a TI bug, but more often a system setup issue).

Ive had to deal with the customer back lash and I personally know exactly how stressing and distracting it can be from doing what you want to do which is get the issues sorted out and get the customers happy through them being pleased with the end result. Most developers I know live off good feedback and happy customers - pissed off customers are depressing for all concerned.

I am not excusing the situation, but I do not beleive that getting angry and stressed about it helps anyone, least of all yourself. So I say again - chill and let them get on with it. If you have specific issues, then do email them in to Access support with as much information about what you were doing as possible - ie anything that can help them understand and reproduce the problem. I know many of the issues just seem random so thats often difficult, but when Access see a couple of dozen related reports from different people then sometimes a pattern emerges which is hugely helpful in finding the cause and permenantly fixing it.

I do sometimes wish Access would communicate more effectively with the community, even if just more frequent updates to ampfea (that can be copied to here), because it is frustrating waiting for fixes and not hearing anything.
Old 03.03.2006, 10:40 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazul
So explain to me how giving access a hard time (whether deserved or not) is going to help you get bugs fixed quicker?

The guys you will be stressing are the same guys who are probably working most of their waking hours at the moment on fixes. Personally I would be much happier knowing they aint getting distracted from that task, and therefore stand a better chance of getting it right.

They really do know the issues - they read these forums regularly it seems, those same developers get to see the support emails that a number of us have sent in for one reason or another.

And yes - I have serious issues with the TI as well at times. Maybe because I am also a developer I am way more sympathetic to the situation because Ive been there before, I know the processes and the realities faced by smaller companies. In fact even big companies with allmost limitless resources can get it badly wrong when it comes to the difference between test environments and the real world. I guess also because Im a developer than I have the advantage if having a better idea of how to diagnose and resolve many of the DAW issues I have to deal with - many are not the fault of the TI (audio glitches for example are probably not a TI bug, but more often a system setup issue).

Ive had to deal with the customer back lash and I personally know exactly how stressing and distracting it can be from doing what you want to do which is get the issues sorted out and get the customers happy through them being pleased with the end result. Most developers I know live off good feedback and happy customers - pissed off customers are depressing for all concerned.

I am not excusing the situation, but I do not beleive that getting angry and stressed about it helps anyone, least of all yourself. So I say again - chill and let them get on with it. If you have specific issues, then do email them in to Access support with as much information about what you were doing as possible - ie anything that can help them understand and reproduce the problem. I know many of the issues just seem random so thats often difficult, but when Access see a couple of dozen related reports from different people then sometimes a pattern emerges which is hugely helpful in finding the cause and permenantly fixing it.

I do sometimes wish Access would communicate more effectively with the community, even if just more frequent updates to ampfea (that can be copied to here), because it is frustrating waiting for fixes and not hearing anything.
whoa...shit dude, i said encourage not hard time. i write music to make my living. the fact that you've got this much time to write this response tells me something about you. the only reason we're even interacting is because access sold me something that doesn't work as advertised....when this happens, it should be run up a flagpole until it's straightened out. i'm not freaking, but if my ti can't meet a minimum level of usability within my 30 day return period, i'm going to get louder online as day 30 approaches. anyhow, tech-support is what these groups are good for...to me...you're here for some other reason. [snipped my speculation] the only reason i'm writing back is because i've got time while i downgrade to 1.0.7...takes forever... we'll see if that helps.

anyway, i'm glad the keyboard mag review was fair. i might actually subscribe...it's been...hmm...maybe a decade.
http://www.keyboardmag.com/story.asp...torycode=12646