Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 12.09.2010, 09:22 PM
New here
New here

Default My TI2 Has Same or LESS Power than my TI1 Polar!

Has anyone else out there tested these two synths side by side? I "Upgraded" From a TI1 Polar to a TI2 61 key Keyboard version and have found that projects of mine where I pushed my TI1 Polar to it's limit can't be played as well with my TI2 (more notes dropping out, more instances of noise when clicking on VC).

I have an open ticket with Access, and they are requesting that I send in my TI2, but it seems more likely to me that this "better" version has only as much or possibly less "calculating power" than my TI1 Polar.

Talk about a waste of money if this truly is the case with all TI2's!
Old 12.09.2010, 11:12 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Access marketing advertises that TI|2 has 25% more DSP than the original TI|1.

Their "upto 80 voices" on TI|1 should therefore equate to "upto" 100 voices on TI|2.
Old 13.09.2010, 04:08 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

I'm really interested in this.... I have an idea, nprofitt. If you by chance use logic, you could send me one of your projects and an mp3 of what it sounds like with the dropping notes and what not I can see if my TI2 does the same thing.
Old 17.09.2010, 10:21 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

I second this, your ti2 could be malfunctioning. Or it could be a software issue because hardware can be as great as you can make it, if the software/firmware is shit it will perform like a slow turd.

"Each outcry of the hunted hare
A fibre from the brain does tear." - Blake
Old 24.09.2010, 04:45 PM
New here
New here

Sorry, I use cubase so I wouldn't be able to send a project compatible with logic. Just seemed really weird that if I backed off a bit it worked fine, but couldn't stress it quite as much as my ti1.

Maybe my polar is by some fluke more capable than some? All I know is that both shared the same operating system (firmware), and were used on the same daw (identical configuration).

I've since returned the ti2, so maybe we'll never know unless someone else could do a similar test (maxing out a ti1 and seeing if a ti2 has trouble keeping up with the same project...
Old 24.09.2010, 07:46 PM
Veteran
Veteran

essentially, the DSPs of the TI2 are clocked faster. the faster clock speed should result in more calculating power and so far, with what we tested, that was always the case.

best, marc

Follow the Virus on Twitter: http://twitter.com/accessmusic
Watch the Virus on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/accessmusic
Become Infected friends on Facebook: http://facebook.com/pages/Virus/77569453701