Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 29.09.2010, 08:46 PM
New here
New here

Default Timing issues/latency?

Hi

As my log in name says virus virgin lol! When i export the wave is always out of time and i have to cut the audio at the beginning where there is a silence. Can any one help me with this?
Old 29.09.2010, 08:47 PM
New here
New here

And thank u
Old 30.09.2010, 12:25 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to mitchiemasha

What sequencer are you using? Please be more specific with your problem.
Old 02.10.2010, 09:59 AM
New here
New here

Hi thanks for the reply. I use cubase 5.5 with a echo audiofire 8 soundcard. When i export a riff for instance. I look at the begining of the wave file and the wave starts further in rather then at the beginning of the file? Which means its out of time? Ive changed the leads etc...is this a latency problem or a setting i need to change? I can always do a screen shot if u wish?
Old 02.10.2010, 10:00 AM
New here
New here

Hi thanks for the reply. I use cubase 5.5 with a echo audiofire 8 soundcard. When i export a riff for instance. I look at the begining of the wave file and the wave starts further in rather then at the beginning of the file? Which means its out of time? Ive changed the leads etc...is this a latency problem or a setting i need to change? I can always do a screen shot if u wish?
Old 03.10.2010, 03:05 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

I have been working with this problem for as long as I can remember. All I do, is simply copy and paste the midi file and bounce 2 bars (or more...) To audio . That way I find the second bar will start at the begining where it is supposed to. Or like you say, you can also move the audio file once it is bounced. The only problem with this, is that it means you HAVE to bounce to audio when working on a track, or you will have problems in the final mix. I guess most people do anyway nowadays though. I recall it actually says in the manual to give the midi notes a bit extra on the begining.
Old 03.10.2010, 09:46 AM
Pro
Pro

I normally just pull the audio directly under the midi file to make sure they are lined up perfectly if its an arp/sequence or a really tight lead, pads etc you can not worry too much about it. Theres no work around to my knowledge - once you know its the problem, fixing it only takes a sec instead of hours scratching your head wondering WTF happened to your precision timing.

Also, always give it at LEAST two bars of preroll before bouncing.

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/

Old 04.10.2010, 03:21 AM
Newborn
Newborn

I was thinking about getting a virus, and I just want to make sure to ask about this.

So, the only thing you should do is start virus midi on or after bar 2?

If you start playback 2 bars before the first virus midi regions everything is okay?

Does this go for the final bounce, or if I'm working on the middle of the piece and wanting to start and stop playback over a virus midi region?

I hope someone has a good answer for this.

I would be using this in Logic 9.
Old 04.10.2010, 05:49 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcfrombn View Post
I was thinking about getting a virus, and I just want to make sure to ask about this.

So, the only thing you should do is start virus midi on or after bar 2?

If you start playback 2 bars before the first virus midi regions everything is okay?

Does this go for the final bounce, or if I'm working on the middle of the piece and wanting to start and stop playback over a virus midi region?

I hope someone has a good answer for this.

I would be using this in Logic 9.
Not sure what happens in logic, but in cubase thats what happens to me. But to answer your question ............"If you start playback 2 bars before the first virus midi regions everything is okay?" For me in cubase even with starting 2 bars before, it doesnt seem to help. Now...If you copy the midi section and paste it directly behind the first one. Then the second part of the audio bounce will be lined up..... So say I do a simple bassline and these are my midi notes - - - - If the first one starts on directly the first beat...say for instance marker 16 in cubase. Then when bounced down to audio, the first part of the bass sound will be pushed back slightly to around 16.5 or so, therfore throwing of the timing I had when it was still midi. But if I copy this.... - - - - And paste it behind itself again... - - - - - - - - The second part of it will be lined up good when bounced to audio. This is my experience using cubase and may vary for others.
Old 04.10.2010, 06:40 PM
New here
New here

Thanks for all your replys...there is another way and thats by assigning the midi gate (cubase plug in) to trigger on the midi through the audio. Again i do cut the beginning out but throught it may be a bug or a setting! Hmmmm im a bit gutted about this situation as u would think it would be perfect!

Thanks again....still worth the battle for the sound!!!