Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 14.01.2011, 12:34 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Default Does 4.1.1.05 for Mac OS X support the 64 bit?

As the title says, doe it support snow leopard 64 bit mode?

Release notes were not clear.

Thanks
Old 14.01.2011, 08:56 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

I'm using the TI in logic 64 bit mode so that definitely means YES,it supports 64bit.
Old 16.01.2011, 11:13 PM
New here
New here

yeah but is it using the 32 bit audio unit bridge?
Old 22.01.2011, 04:54 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

It shows up as 64 bit device within Logic 9 but I having a lot of problems.
-- out of sync
-- notes get stuck
-- pops&clicks & distortion noise while not playing or not running any DAW.
-- same behaviour with Logic 32 bit mode (but still OS being 64 bit) using logic bridge. I havent tried running OS in 32 bit yet.

I tried re-installing Virus software on different USB port but same issues. I think i have a ghost in my virus TI (first gen).

Is any one else having these probs too?

Much appreciated
Old 24.01.2011, 05:32 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretHero View Post
-- out of sync
-- notes get stuck
-- same behaviour with Logic 32 bit mode (but still OS being 64 bit) using logic bridge. I havent tried running OS in 32 bit yet.

I tried re-installing Virus software on different USB port but same issues. I think i have a ghost in my virus TI (first gen).

Much appreciated
I too have a TI1 keyboard but I don't experience any issue except for some very minor clicks.I'm running on native 64-bit (no 32-bit audio bridge active).
Old 31.01.2011, 08:24 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretHero View Post
-- out of sync
-- notes get stuck

Much appreciated
To Secret Hero:

Im having the same god damn problem. I own a virus TI Desktop and run in logic 9.1.3. I have updated to the lastest os for the virus and tried in 32bit mode and 64 bit mode. Im having the same issues you are describing. It gets more often weird when I use automations. Then it gets all crazy. Wish there was a solution to this .. Its really ruining my inspiration I would be very greatful if someone has any idea. Regards /Arash
Old 01.02.2011, 08:58 AM
New here
New here

Default Virus TI IS FUUUUCKED UP!!!

I read the manual carefully this time and they are very strict about what usb port you use:

"In general, we recommend you avoid using a USB hub between your computer and the Virus. With newer motherboard designs, however, the situation becomes a little bit more complicated. Some designs feature integrated USB hubs right on the motherboard, thereby removing the option of running the Virus TI without a USB hub unless you invest in a third party USB card. In many cases, however, this is not necessary and your Virus will happily work alongside other USB devices on one root hub.
Prominent examples of such a design are modern Intel processors motherboards, such as those found in many Intel i5/i7 driven Macs and PCs.
Here are a few golden rules to guide you on your path toward the attainment of system perfection:
Ifyouhavetouseahub,onlyuseaqualityUSB2compatiblehubsupportinghigh speed transfers. We had good results with, for instance, Belkin USB 2.0 hubs.
DonotusedevicesgeneratingloadsofUSBtraffic,suchasUSBharddrivesonthe same hub or root with a Virus TI. Less demanding devices, such as mice and keyboards, are usually fine. Webcams and Bluetooth receivers are fine as long as they are not switched on.
Donotuseahubtoextendthemaximumcablelengthof3meters.Mostactive cable extenders contain hub chips and some of those are known to be incompatible with the Virus TI.
Additional information on how to examine the USB layout of your computer can be found in the Finding the “right” USB port paragraph.
5 Getting started with Total Integration
About bandwidth
Even though the Virus TI’s bandwidth requirements are moderate for a modern computer, there is a crucial difference to many other USB devices: the need to perform tasks in real time. “Real time” means that, in difference to a hard drive for instance, the Virus TI produces a constant stream of audio data which must not be interrupted. If the data comes in late, or is partially lost, audible artifacts such as crackling or popping might occur. Key components to enable the data to travel fast and safe include a dedicated USB connection and, in some cases, disabled power saving features on the computer side.
Notes for Mac users
Pretty much all up-to-date Apple computers share USB ports available from the outside with internal components such as Bluetooth receivers, keyboards, trackpads, and built-in webcams. These devices have proven to work fine with the Virus TI and the warning that flags up when starting the Virus Control plug-in can be ignored. If you can, you should find a USB port available exclusively to the Virus TI.

Choosing the “right” USB port
The goal when choosing the port is to find one which doesn’t share its resources with another port - only this way, can you be guaranteed to get 100% of the bandwidth.
7 Getting started with Total Integration
For Mac Users
System Profiler is the tool of choice to take a closer look at the USB topology of your Mac. To open the application, choose “About this mac” in the Apple menu and click on “More Info”. Then choose USB on the left. Assuming that your Virus TI is connected and switched on, you there see your usb tree.

As you can see, the Virus TI shares a USB port with two other slow devices. In this case, this doesn’t result in a problem since there is still enough bandwidth left for the Virus’ communication"

Even after following all the instructions when I go to the virus control center it gets in conflict with some device wether its the "iSight", internat "Keyboard", "Trackpad", BLuetooth device etc...

Even in the manual it says that you can ignore the conflict as long as the devices in in conflict dose not demand much bandwidth.

But I STILL have troubles running my virus normal without it bugging me

IT suddenly gets so LOUD with Extreme high distortion and noise and I cant stop it. Last night I had to pull out the power from it for it to stop..

A question to "Secret Hero" are you using a macbook pro with i5 or i7 " or Imac with the same cpu´s??

ANYONE??? Please my life is ruined

Grateful for ANY advice

Regards
/Arash
Old 01.02.2011, 09:29 AM
Pro
Pro

What version are you running? I think there was some older versions of the firmware that were prone to doing that - i recall some bad moments like that on 3.xxx builds. Im still on the 4.01?beta and its running fine, so i cant be bothered updating it

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/

Old 01.02.2011, 09:34 AM
New here
New here

IM running 4.1.1.05 the latest.. Maybe I should Downgrade ?? It seems like it is mostly sensitiv when I have written like 7 automations at the same time. Do you usually do that too?

Thanx
Old 01.02.2011, 09:34 AM
New here
New here

Is this the version you are running "Virus TI Installer 4.1.0.16 for Mac OS X Public Beta" ??