Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 15.01.2004, 11:06 PM
New here
New here

Default Virus B update bug

at the start i bought my virus there where the 4.1 or something onboard
i did an update to go to 4.8 and then i still had the funcktion midi soft true
but since i did update the 4.9 this funktion just disapear !?! whut happen

i know there where certain related bug about midi loop but if there where problemjuste turn it off !!

but anyway since there where loads off bug relativ to midi with sounddiver and other i put back the 4.8 version but the midi softrhu wasent there anymore so what happen !?

how much is dangerous to flash the os ?!
is there fee related to send it back to germany ? and does the 4.9 build 50 resolve the bug !?

... and by the way what is the chain of all those volume controle (in multi)i mean

patch volume } part volume } chanel volume } virus volume} D/A
is it correct !?

why so many controle

whats the difference between all those volume controle and what their purpose/interaction !? ex: does patch volume is the value of the patch in single mode .... does it affect its value in single mode when i save this sound in multi ?!
whats the real difference between part volume and chanel volume ?!

and whats the nominal value of chanel volume ?! 100 ?! 127 !?

i feel like all this is crap ...
i mean imagine all of those volume are at their nominal value and i am overloading my mixer input which one should i use to trim it ?!

Thanks
Old 16.01.2004, 06:16 AM

Default Re: Virus B update bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by themessenger604
at the start i bought my virus there where the 4.1 or something onboard
i did an update to go to 4.8 and then i still had the funcktion midi soft true
but since i did update the 4.9 this funktion just disapear !?! whut happen
:)
The Midi Soft Thru feature is still there. Just press [CTRL] and use [<PARAMETER] and [PARAMETER>] to switch to the MIDI SoftThru Page.

Quote:
i know there where certain related bug about midi loop but if there where problemjuste turn it off !!

but anyway since there where loads off bug relativ to midi with sounddiver and other i put back the 4.8 version but the midi softrhu wasent there anymore so what happen !?
The bug was only in the S version of the build 49 and is fixed in build 50. The Virus was sending empty sysex packets, so Sounddiver could get confused. Anyway, the build 50 on my Indigo (S version) works perfectly with Sounddiver again.

Quote:

how much is dangerous to flash the os ?!
is there fee related to send it back to germany ? and does the 4.9 build 50 resolve the bug !?
There is no bug that messes up the flash rom. I flash my Indigo very often.

Quote:
and whats the nominal value of chanel volume ?! 100 ?! 127 !?

Quote:
i feel like all this is crap ...
i mean imagine all of those volume are at their nominal value and i am overloading my mixer input which one should i use to trim it ?!
You should trim the one that is too loud. If you experience only on patch too loud, trim it's volume, if all patches are too loud, trim the master volume or your gain at the mixer.

The same question in other words:

When my song is too loud, should I trim the channel volume or the main volume on my mixing desk?

tk
Old 16.01.2004, 06:29 AM
New here
New here

hehe trust me man MIDI SOFT THRU is not there in multi mode /multisingle/single mode hehehe

whats the difference between the s and t version !? why 2 version!?
a test ?

thanks !
Old 16.01.2004, 06:41 AM

Quote:
hehe trust me man MIDI SOFT THRU is not there in multi mode /multisingle/single mode hehehe
My indigo right beside me shows the page in every mode. I can not confirm your statement.

Quote:
whats the difference between the s and t version !? why 2 version!?
a test ?
Test? What do you mean by test?

Let me quote this from the readme html file that is in the update archive:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OS 4.9 Readme file
S/T OS Version

On power up, the Virus shows not only the OS version but a little S or T in the right corner. This letter indicates the hardware revision of your Virus. From the next update on, there will be two different OS files. Please make sure that you install the right file. The procedure is save though, attempts to install an incompatible update will be quit with an error message.

first490_s.mid is to be installed on machines showing an "S" on the right corner of the startup screen.
first490_t.mid is to be installed on machines showing an "T" on the right corner of the startup screen.
In case you Virus doesn't show a "S" or "T" at startup, please install the "S" version.

There is no quality or performance difference in the two hardware revision.
Maybe it should be pointed out in the FAQ.

tk