Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 25.08.2011, 12:23 PM
New here
New here

Default Virus C with a mind of its own

Hey guys... hello and all that!

I bought a second-hand Virus C maybe 6 months ago, in good working order. However since then it's become more and more prone to bouts of madness - it did it occasionally at first but slowly got worse and now it's acting up pretty much all of the time making it nearly unusable.

What happens is that the 3 main sets of buttons (Part, Parameter and Value up and down buttons) seem to do all sorts of stuff when they're pressed instead of what they're meant to do. Most often they take me to random menus - everything from LFO parameters, to general settings like Random Amount or Global Midi Chan, to filter modes, to just about anything else, or switching between Single and Multi, or navigating to a completely different part/bank. So of course this makes it nearly impossible to change the sound or adjust any parameters that involve using any of these buttons.

I emailed support, who got back fairly quickly and asked a few questions then referred me to the service centre in Germany. I submitted the form yesterday for a quote, not heard back yet (which is fine, only one day so far...) but obviously that's a last resort unless it turns out to be super-cheap/quick which I doubt.

Has anyone experienced anything similar and managed to fix it? I've so far tried factory reset, installing the latest OS (which was a plight in itself, see my post in the sticky about OS updates if you want to know ) and even opening the thing up, unscrewing all the circuit boards and unplugging the ribbons and taking some compressed air, IPA and switch cleaner to it. None of these have worked and I'm reaching increasing levels of despair, and frustration about going back to softsynths...

Feel free to ask anything if I wasn't clear enough...
Cheers
Simon
Old 02.01.2012, 09:52 PM
New here
New here

Just a bump of this old thread in case anyone else sees it who has any advice.

I got a quote back from the service centre but obviously it's not really ideal having to pay a fair bit of cash and courier it to Germany if I can avoid it - I don't mind doing so if it's the only option though.
Old 20.02.2016, 11:22 AM
Newborn
Newborn

I'm having the exact same problem.
It might have happened (in my case) when i was using an external sequencer (Roland v-Synth) and i might have sent some midi sysex messages. although i'm not 100% sure about this. Did you work around this issue?

Thank you!