Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 09.06.2009, 03:55 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Default motu ultralight mk3/ motu 828 mk3???

Hey guys iv been thinking of upgrading my edirol fa-101 for either one of these just wondered if anyone had one and could point me in the right direction.

Or any other interfaces that are good for around the same price im looking for mainly good sound quality but also need as many AUX in's and out's as my edirol has 8 ins 8 outs. Also i really like the look of the software mixer controls you get with these as the edirol dosent have anything like this

thanks.
Old 09.06.2009, 04:44 PM
Infektion taking hold...

I have the ultralite mk3 and I love it! I don't use much for the routing and effects features, but I really like the spectrum analyzer!

I give it a thumbs up!

http://www.themoodchannel.com
Old 09.06.2009, 05:52 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Careful. Motu has the world most pathetic and horrible customer support. I have an MKII and have loads of problems with it. They have never helped me one bit, they just ask me to send it in and will charge a hefty bench fee for just sending it in.
Old 09.06.2009, 05:56 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monobeat View Post
Careful. Motu has the world most pathetic and horrible customer support. I have an MKII and have loads of problems with it. They have never helped me one bit, they just ask me to send it in and will charge a hefty bench fee for just sending it in.
I have a Traveler MKII and it has worked perfect since the day I got it. I also got the Black Lion Audio mods done, and it sounds like an Apogee. I also had an 828MKII and a Traveler MKI before, all works flawlessly.
Old 09.06.2009, 07:18 PM
Infektion taking hold...

I dealt with MOTU support in the past and they were quite helpful... though mine was a software problem.

Old 10.06.2009, 09:44 AM
Am starting to like this forum

chicago and monobeat what computers and DAW are you using. Im running a 2.5 quad core g5 with logic. Also with the routing do you do it from the software mixer or from inside logic?

Also how good would you say the sound is? I was talking to a guy in a production center shop he said the little Apogee sounded alot better then my edirol allthough he may of just been trying to sell me one..

Is the spectrum analiser on the software or is it the one on the front panel? If its the software has anyone got any pics as i havnt been able to find any.

thanks guys
Old 10.06.2009, 12:37 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie8286 View Post
Is the spectrum analiser on the software or is it the one on the front panel? If its the software has anyone got any pics as i havnt been able to find any.
it's in the software...

http://www.motu.com/products/motuaudio/ultralite-mk3/

click on the "Cue mix fx software" menu item on that page and it has quicktime loops showing all of the features, including the analyzer.

the analyzer only exists in the software, but all of the parameters available for mixing/effects are accessible through the front panel in case you want to use the unit in standalone.

Old 29.08.2009, 08:39 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

I have Ultrlite mk2 and have worked witout any problems. If I in the future would need more LINE INs, can a serial connect it to another MOTU product via firewire? I know I can do this with up to four ultralight mk2, but they don't sell them anymore I guess.