Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > Off topic

Off topic An off topic playground. If your post doesn't seem to fit on the other areas, it surely will fit here.

Old 13.08.2008, 08:58 AM
This forum member lives here

Default Who's watching Olympics then?

Phelps is just incredible. Is it just me and Bryan that's old enough to remember Mark Spitz. His records would still be standing were it not for that moustache he had dragging him back. Where are all these Chinese swimmers that were going to blow everyone out the water, I wonder..?

Watched the horse jumping thing for a bit. There was some English upper class twit doing the comms over the course PA. "Ind it's Lucinda Hothiringham-Botheringham ceming in with a tame of blahblah." Equestrianism One little corner of Empire that's always ours.

What else.. FINLAND won a gold. WooHoo! Some woman won the clay pidgeon shooting, so well done her.
Old 14.08.2008, 03:38 AM
Administrator

Pretty fucking hilarious that the French (of course) shot their mouths off that they came to "destroy the U.S. team" and got their asses whipped as the U.S. swimmer came from behind, while the Frenchie was looking at him in disbelief under the water, and stole the gold. Phelp's face was priceless during that moment. He was actually very cool about it and congrastulated the saucy mouthed frog swimmer immediately after it was done. That is class!

The girls U.S. gymnastics team won silver, good for them, they had some slip ups in the qualifying round (ankle injury, falling off the uneven parallel bars, a few bad dismounts, etc.) but still held their ground as good as possible.

A few days agio the U.S. had 22 medals, China 20, South Korea was in third place, and Australia (God knows how or why) was in fourth overall. Do you think HC forged his passport and is now captain of the New Zealand sheep fucking team?

ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile
Old 14.08.2008, 06:37 AM

Those little gymnast girls. Jesus. When they do that back flip on the beam.. I can barely stand to watch. eeerk! It freaks me out just thinking about it. I remember when Olga Korbut was the first to do it at the Munich Olympics in 72. The place went mental!
Old 14.08.2008, 10:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Vantaa Man View Post
Those little gymnast girls. Jesus. When they do that back flip on the beam.. I can barely stand to watch. eeerk! It freaks me out just thinking about it. I remember when Olga Korbut was the first to do it at the Munich Olympics in 72. The place went mental!
No matter who got the medals, the 34 year old Russian gal who competed for Germany this year, in order to allow her son to be treated in Germany for leukemia over the past two years is a hero. She called her German friend when he was diagnosed and they worked out a deal for her to come to Germany and train, and allow the boy to be treated there as the medical faciliites in hwer country weren't sufficient.

She is in rock hard shape. They showed her in Barcelona (I think) when she was a kid and then a clip of her now twice that age running down the lane and vaulting just like the little kiddies around her. Her son endured 7 chemotherapy treatments and is now in remission.

She gets the platinum medal in my book.
ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile
Old 15.08.2008, 03:28 PM

Anyone watch the women's 10,000? 40 laps in under 30 minutes!
Old 16.08.2008, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to 3o3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexHall74 View Post
Do you think HC forged his passport and is now captain of the New Zealand sheep fucking team?
Hillarious! That was a smack to his redish swollen balls.

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 16.08.2008, 07:33 PM
Administrator

Michael Phelps is a monster! His defeat of Cavic last night was absolutely unbelievable! He won that race by 1/100th of a second. The Serbs protested but to no avail. There was an interview later between Mark Spitz, Michael Phelps, and Bob Costa. Spitz won seven medals in the Olympics 36 years ago. It was cool to hear him and Phelps speak with each other. Spitz gave Phelps a good pep talk but didn't blow sunshine up his arse either. When Bob Costa asked Spitz who would win if Phelps Vs. Spitz (in his prime, of course) Spitz said "Both of us would know going into a race like that what each other's strengths and weaknesses were; if you ask me who would win today I'd say it would be a tie, but if he wins another medal tomorrow I'd say he would."

ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile
Old 16.08.2008, 08:18 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to 3o3

Aye, it's an real accomplishment with "just" his 7 medals so far. He's an great athlete indeed and it would be cool to see him win another one.

Ontopic: I haven't been watching the OS at all, which is rather odd as the only time I enjoy sports is these kind of big events.

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 16.08.2008, 09:53 PM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Heard that the danish handball team dosn´t do it to well and that Joacim B. Olsen didn´t make it with the punt shooting (is it called that). Besides that i know nothing...

http://www.myspace.com/onkeldunkeldk
Old 17.08.2008, 12:15 AM
Administrator

Usain Bolt (Jamaican) broke the world record for 100m today - 9.69secs - Was crazy to watch, he was celebrating before he finished, so I imagine he could have gone even faster!!

A truly amazing athlete.