Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 10.10.2011, 09:49 AM
New here
New here

Question Virus TI Sounddiver adaption or duplicate sound finder?

I'm currently using the Virus C and now i'm going to replace it with the Virus TI.
Does anyone know if there's a SoundDiver adaption available for Virus TI?

ok, i know that virus control will load all of my SD libraries which is great, but does virus control also check duplicate sounds?

in sounddiver the best feature for me was adding every patches and soundsets into one huge sounddiver library and sounddiver recognized and deleted all double patches automatically. this saves years in time because otherwise i'd have to go through thousands of same patches over and over again.

when virus control can do this as well, all will be perfect but if not, i will spend years for checking the same sounds over and over again.

hope someone can help.
Thanks in advance
Old 10.10.2011, 05:50 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Default de-dupping question

Hello,
I'm looking into writing some code to do this soon - could you describe the results when using SoundDiver?

The approach I was going to take was to have the various sound sets ordered by date, the original files untouched (but named .orig so that Virus Control didn't use them), and add a -- as the first two characters of patches that are functionally dup. I'll have a log for finding where the first match came from.

I was going to have a rename config file, so in the sift process you can clean a few things up (like some persons have hidden pretty cool patches in the "patchset made by xyz" names). I also would like the option to remove leading spaces.

I'll probably create a new set of patch sets where there no unused slots. This would be useful for filling up the 26 rom slots on the TI#. Also order by oscillator type, or other fields.

Thanks - let me know.
JGG