Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 23.02.2006, 04:15 AM
New here
New here

Default Virus TI Multimode with Ableton?

Question for all of you Ableton users:

I'm trying to setup multimode with the virus control in Ableton Live 5.0 and was wondering if anyone that's set this up could walk me through it. I know I can set up to 16 patches in the virus control plug in, but was wondering how to access any of those beyond the first one. I've searched this and a few sites but haven't come up with anything.

Thanks in advance.
Old 23.02.2006, 09:38 AM
New here
New here

Hi Jager

Create 16 midi tracks in ableton and put the VC on the first one. Go to the second track and click in one of the drop down boxes at the bottom in the midi to/from section (sorry its vague, im not at my desktop) you should see virus 2, Virus 3 etc. For midi track 2, choose virus 2, track 3 virus 3 etc. Switch the monitor button on each one and you should be away. simply select which voice you want in VC and it should play through the corresponding midi track in ableton. I usually mute all tracks in VC until i need them or otherwise you'll hear each track playing the INIT program (you could also switch monitor off in ableton)

Hope that helps. Sorry if its a bit vague, like i say im not at my DAW. Will post back tonight if im wrong. cheers.
Old 23.02.2006, 08:53 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Does live accept system messages?
Old 24.02.2006, 03:57 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2tech
Hi Jager

Create 16 midi tracks in ableton and put the VC on the first one. Go to the second track and click in one of the drop down boxes at the bottom in the midi to/from section (sorry its vague, im not at my desktop) you should see virus 2, Virus 3 etc. For midi track 2, choose virus 2, track 3 virus 3 etc. Switch the monitor button on each one and you should be away. simply select which voice you want in VC and it should play through the corresponding midi track in ableton. I usually mute all tracks in VC until i need them or otherwise you'll hear each track playing the INIT program (you could also switch monitor off in ableton)

Hope that helps. Sorry if its a bit vague, like i say im not at my DAW. Will post back tonight if im wrong. cheers.
Hmmmmm...

I've done as you suggested, but I haven't been able to get it working. At the bottom of the screen in the I/O settings I have the following:

MIDI FROM:
[All Ins] or various other selections
[All Channels] or [Ch. 1 - 16]
[IN] [AUTO] [OFF]
MIDI TO
[Virus TI Synth] or [Virus TI Midi]
[Channels 1-16]

I've tried pretty much every combination of these settings yet can still only hear sound coming from the first midi channel that I dragged the TI control into =/
Old 24.02.2006, 11:16 AM
New here
New here

Check your midi options in the preferences menu. It should be set up so that live is recieving midi from the virus and vice versa.
Old 24.02.2006, 01:43 PM
New here
New here

I have Track and Remote set to On for both Input and Output for the Virus TI Midi and Virus TI Synth. Do I need any special wiring hooked up for this to work, or is the USB connection sufficient? Do I need to be using the Virus TI as my primary sound device? Anything else I could be missing?
Old 24.02.2006, 02:45 PM
New here
New here

Hi Jager.

Ill have a look at my set up tonight and post its exact settings. Hopefully we can you sorted. i had similar troubles like this when setting up too, im sure i must have fluked it
Old 24.02.2006, 02:50 PM
New here
New here

Cheers, thanks a lot for your continued help.
Old 25.02.2006, 02:51 PM
New here
New here

Sorry for the delay mate... ok....

In Midi Prefs...
Both Virus TI Synth & Midi Track input & output set to ON

Put the VC on MIDI track 1 and set up as follows....
(All Ins)
(All Channels)
(Monitor in)
(Audio to master)

Go to MIDI track 2...
(All Ins)
(All Channels)
(Monitor in)
(MIDI to... 2-MIDI)
(2-VirusTI)

Go to MIDI track 3...
(MIDI to... 3-MIDI)
(3-VirusTI)

And so on for all sixteen channels...

Hopefully, that'll work!

Let me know if you still have problems. Cheers.
Old 25.02.2006, 08:23 PM
New here
New here

Awesome, got it all working. Thanks a lot for your help!