Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 02.04.2014, 05:10 PM
New here
New here

Default How to use Access Virus Ti2 Polar with Ableton or Logic X?

Hello

Can someone please tell me how to use the Virus Ti2 Polar with Ableton Live 9 or Logic X?

Thanks!
Old 06.04.2014, 02:32 PM
Veteran
Veteran

You need to install Virus Control if you want to use the plug-in. Works as "audio unit" on Logic X (or other version) and as VST on Ableton.

If instead you're going to use it as a standard midi external instrument:

On Logic X, while creating a new track there's the "External Instrument" option that nowadays has the option of opening a plug-in, where you can select the midi port that you've connected the Virus to, along with the audio inputs. Then you can draw midi as you would with any software plug-in and the Virus will receive it.

On Ableton Live, you need to create a new midi track and then open an instance of "External instrument" and select the midi port and inputs.

Not exactly sure if you can record audio from within these (external instrument) tracks or if you need to create a new one, select the inputs your virus is connected to, then select "input monitoring" to that you can listen to what you're doing before you hit record. You need to "record arm" these tracks (both in Logic and Ableton), then all it takes is to hit the record button and it will record the audio.
Old 06.04.2014, 02:45 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

You most certainly can record off the external instrument in Ableton! Although I don't use my virus this way, my Nord Rack 3 works charmingly well. If you do it this way, you'll most likely need some sort of midi interface though (Unless you're just plugging your keyboard straight into the unit). I bought something super cheap and it works incredibly well

http://www.roland.com/products/en/UM-ONE/

If you have multiple hardware units you might want to spend a bit more, as this is only good for one synth at a time kind of deal.