Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 06.06.2014, 07:21 PM
New here
New here

Default Can Access Virus KC's Split Mode Control An External Synth?

I'm using a Virus KC as my main keyboard.

What I'm trying to puzzle out is if I can use its split mode and have the lower half of the keyboard playing pads from the Virus, while having the upper half playing an external synth (in this case a Moog Slim Phatty) for leads?

As near as I can tell I only have the option to turn local on/off with regard to MIDI send, but I'm not sure if there's a way to work around this by assigning the split to different MIDI channels.

I hope this is doable. Playing multiple keyboards at once looks cool, but lugging them to rehearsal every week is a pain.
Old 07.06.2014, 08:19 AM
Veteran
Veteran

From the manual:

"If MultiChannels is selected, the keyboard sig- nals can be sent to all the Multiparts as well as to the Midi Out on several Midi Channels. The Routing is handled by the parameter Keyboard Route, that can be found in the Multi Edit Menu; individually for each Part. In the position “Inter- nal” the Part is controlled by the keyboard, re- gardless of which MIDI channel has been set. But this Part does not send Midi data to the output.
When Keyboard Route is set to “Midi” for one or more parts, the keyboard transmits to MIDI- Out on each of the part’s MIDI channels. It is
ACCESS VIRUS OS5 129 The Keyboard-Modes
hereby taken into consideration which keyboard area the part has (LowKey, HighKey), and each individual part-transposition (PartTranspose).
The current bank and program numbers and the parts’ volume settings are also transmitted via MIDI-Out. The parameter formerly activated on the receiving side can now be used on the transmitter side; the 16 Multi-Parts now at your disposal allow for very extensive control of ex- ternal sound generators."

This is quite self explanatory. You'd have to choose a midi channel for the external instrument, make sure you set the keyboard ranges for each part, one of them being the Virus and the other the external instrument, and you're set.

Cheers