Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 27.01.2005, 07:31 PM
Pro
Pro

All I was asking for was to split that arpeggiator off from the software...Make it a stand-alone programme (soundiverish) so we can program our own arps on the screen and then dump them into the virus via midi. All the virus needs is a arp record function and I'm sure they could fit that into any of the older models.

No need to get carried away and expect them to include things like the Hypersaw into old models...this is one of the main selling points of the TI and one of the reasons alot of people will upgrade (among many others). Its not good business sense to take the appeal away from the TI.
Old 28.01.2005, 12:04 AM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal
Its not good business sense to take the appeal away from the TI.
The Cs are discontinued and buying them from shops will be more and more difficult. It will help the resale of the Cs having new OSCs. Maybe people will think more about buying a TI if they can get a little more cash for the C.

Also, putting the Hypersaw in the C series may help the sales of the TI anyway, because the C's the voices will run out before we can get a usable sound. We hear the Hypersaw but need the power of the TI to really make it work.

So repeat after me...(chant like style)

No Vocoda, Hypersaw for the C.

Hey, a guy can dream can't he?
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 28.01.2005, 03:35 AM
Administrator

I wish 70 polyphony, hypersaw, wavetables, multipart reverb & delay, modular synthesis and physical modelling on a Virus A. Is this going to happen? I think if the vocoder and LCD controller would be removed, it could happen. Please Access! Make a Virus A better than TI so we could get one really cheap!!!11!

Come on, blokes. If you really want TI features go get the TI and stop wishing for impossibilities.
Old 28.01.2005, 03:45 AM
Pro
Pro

What Im wishing for isn't even difficult.

Everyone just seems to have jumped on this thread with impossibilities.

If you get back to the point I think you'll find it would be piss easy for Access to do something about the pathetically limited arpeggiator in all models before the TI
Old 28.01.2005, 06:17 AM
Veteran
Veteran

How do you know its not difficult? Are you a programmer? If its so easy write one yourself.

The simple fact is its NOT going to happen (for the reasons I mentioned in my previous post and several others mostly todo with money) and thats that. I bet you havent even emailed access requesting it. Just a few posts on here hoping someone from access will see it go 'HOLY SHIT, QUICK LETS DO A PROGRAMABLE ARP FOR THE C, ITS SO EASY AND WE HAVE SO MUCH FREE TIME AT THE MOMENT, AND IT WILL MAKE THE PEOPLE WHO ALREADY PAID US MONEY FOR A SYNTH WHO DONT WANT TO PAY AGAIN SO HAPPY'

No offence intended mate but its REALLY quite simple and some of you are finding it hard to grasp....as Juho said, if you want any of the TI features, find the money like all of of us waiting for it have done and buy one.

ten
Old 28.01.2005, 08:16 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Default Re: Programmable Arp for older Viruses?

Quote:
I wonder if Access could make that programmable arpeggiator a piece of standalone software that we could use to program arps for other models of virus and include in an OS update a Arp record function to then send the midi into the synth?
there is no memory in the virus c which would allow to store the arpeggiator patches.

best, marc
Old 28.01.2005, 07:50 PM
Pro
Pro

Not Arpeggiator patches, just the midi data of the arpeggiator patterns.

Where does the Virus hold its arpeggiator patterns at the moment then if it doesn't have any memory?!?!?! That doesn't make any sense
Old 28.01.2005, 07:56 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Not Arpeggiator patches, just the midi data of the arpeggiator patterns.

Where does the Virus hold its arpeggiator patterns at the moment then if it doesn't have any memory?!?!?! That doesn't make any sense
i guess the midi data wouldn't help much without an arpeggiator that plays it. and as for the memory, don't forget that the arp patches in the C are in the ROM. In difference to the TI where they're stored with every single patch

- marc
Old 28.01.2005, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc
In difference to the TI where they're stored with every single patch
Did not know that. Thats pretty fookin boss!
Old 28.01.2005, 10:31 PM
Pro
Pro

Thats one thing I've always found annoying is that you can't select an arp pattern and then scroll through patches to find the sound that best fits the riff.

Maybe my way of thinking is different from other ppl.