Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 28.01.2005, 11:40 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten
..............Just think, youve all had a good run with the C now, its done its job and earnt its money many times over. ..........
ten

damn - you really are perceptive. don't you know some people just got the C?
Old 29.01.2005, 05:28 AM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal
Thats one thing I've always found annoying is that you can't select an arp pattern and then scroll through patches to find the sound that best fits the riff.

Maybe my way of thinking is different from other ppl.
With the TI, all you would have to do then is transfer the midi of the arp into your sequencer and audition from there..........possible work around.
Old 29.01.2005, 07:50 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill
damn - you really are perceptive. don't you know some people just got the C?
Well, thats just to bad and luck of the draw. Also, either way they knew the C is a 3 year old product when they bought it, and/or it had been discontined by access, so expecting new things to be added to it (especially the kind of things people are requesting here) is just wishing for things that ARE NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Marc, please put them out of thier misery and just say it....programable arp will not happen on C, hypersaw will not happen on C, 80 polyphony will not happen on C....etc and so forth

ten
Old 29.01.2005, 10:12 AM

Default Re: Programmable Arp for older Viruses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc

there is no memory in the virus c which would allow to store the arpeggiator patches.

best, marc
Well, looks like i was wrong about the programmable arp, but what about the Hypersaw for the C? Would deleting the vocoda from ROM make enough space? Go on, you know you wanna make us C users happy.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 29.01.2005, 02:22 PM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

But with OS6.5 for the C we got 24 new arp patterns. I can?t see why it shouldn?t be possible to make some patterns in some arp-editor and do an update (overwriting some other patterns of course). Like if you have the OS6.5 update-file and then edit it with some OS-editor that Access of course programs for all of us and then we download the modified OS That would definetly be possible but of course that depends on Access?s will to make an arp-editor and os-editor for us Come on Access, you can do it

http://www.myspace.com/onkeldunkeldk
Old 29.01.2005, 03:00 PM

Good point Onkel. Burn a new set of arps onto the ROM like an OS update or something. Still though, they would have to create the software to do the editing first.

I really do like this milk them for all they're worth attitude that's showing it's face. I also like the way that the people who have pre-ordered the TI (and a few who do not have any type of Virus) are trying to stick up for the new breed of machines. All C users unite and overturn this elitest TI attitude!

Delete the Vocoda to make room for Hypersaw.

Shit, this forum is a laugh!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 29.01.2005, 04:37 PM

All vocoder and no hypersaw makes VirusC a dull synth. All vocoder and no hypersaw makes VirusC a dull synth. All vocoder and no hypersaw makes VirusC a dull synth. All vocoder and no hypersaw makes VirusC a dull synth. All vocoder and no hypersaw makes VirusC a dull synth. All vocoder and no hypersaw makes VirusC a dull synth. All vocoder and no hypersaw makes VirusC a dull synth.

All vocoder and no hypersaw makes VirusC a dull synth. All vocoder and no hypersaw makes VirusC a dull synth. All vocoder and no hypersaw makes VirusC a dull synth.

All vocoder and no hypersaw makes VirusC a dull synth.
Old 29.01.2005, 04:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to Bjorktribe

I don't own a virus yet. I've only heard one. And i have to say. The C Sounds Boss. Nothing Needed extra. It's its own type of animal. The TI will be another.
Quote:
Shit, this forum is a laugh!
You beat me to the punch! Merlot, This forum isa laugh!
Old 29.01.2005, 04:47 PM
New here
New here

Default i agree with your opinion Hollowcell

hi all people,
i?m other virus c user
i agree with your opinion Hollowcell, . Other vote more!
modestly,
i would like better oscillators,more hard work with osc existents (better 3er osc,more powerful tone of oscs) instead of Vocoder.
i think that oscillators is the "less good" section of virus c.
instead of newest and lastest features as TI,it will be more realist a fixed of weak points.
a happy user from spain,
Old 29.01.2005, 04:59 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Dunkel
But with OS6.5 for the C we got 24 new arp patterns. I can?t see why it shouldn?t be possible to make some patterns in some arp-editor and do an update (overwriting some other patterns of course). Like if you have the OS6.5 update-file and then edit it with some OS-editor that Access of course programs for all of us and then we download the modified OS That would definetly be possible but of course that depends on Access?s will to make an arp-editor and os-editor for us Come on Access, you can do it
you would need to flash the new arp into ROM every single time you change even ONE notelength, in fact you would need to flash 32 KB which would contain loads of other code as well because you cannot flash a couple of bytes.
on top, every of the 1024 patches using the arp at this certain location would change as well.

- marc