Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 15.03.2005, 06:29 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

Thanks for the info!

Quote:
another cool thing that probably got lost within all that specs about the TI is that when you switch a patch and you hold the notes the TI actually plays the old patch as long as you hold the notes while new notes are being played with the new sound. and this goes for the FX (including reverb and delay) as well. the old patch continues to have its dedicated delay/reverb setting and does not interfere with the new sound at all
This sure does sounds cool! As is playing on the virus wasn't fun enough! hah

I really can't wait to receive mine...I wish I kept my kc in the meantime hah
Old 15.03.2005, 07:07 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Thanks much to marc and ben for the demo! My feelings on it are mixed -- the sounds are fairly standard pad/lead sounds, albeit with some of the nice, subtle complexity the wavetables can bring. On the flip side, this is the first virus demo I've heard that has that smooth, rich, high-frequency, glassy sound I typically associate with 'expensive,' so that's great. Overall, for what I like, the patches sound decent, but the quality sounds excellent.

I don't know if it's just the demos or if it's actually a limitation of the virus, but I've never once heard anything but usable sounds in a demo. I tend to like the more crazy, heavily modulated sound effect-type stuff.

At any rate, it's just nice to hear something. Thanks!
Old 15.03.2005, 07:48 PM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackborn
I don't know if it's just the demos or if it's actually a limitation of the virus, but I've never once heard anything but usable sounds in a demo. I tend to like the more crazy, heavily modulated sound effect-type stuff.

I am feeling the same on the demo. it was nice, but I wasn't blown away. I think it was something from Access to hold over the buyers, that is why they used mostly "expected" sounds you would want to hear. They knw people are getting anxious and deciding to split from the TI pre-order camp. This move was to give those people just a little teaser that would possibly keep them hanging on for longer.
Old 15.03.2005, 08:00 PM
Amateur
Amateur

Send a message via AIM to Nigel Harkness Send a message via MSN to Nigel Harkness Send a message via Yahoo to Nigel Harkness

I hope Access doesn't hope to hold us over for another month and a half with this demo, so now the important question is what is the release date looking like? (and just please be honest for the love of god!)
Old 15.03.2005, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Ummmm why exactly is useable sounds in a demo a problem? LOL....of course were talking about synths here.....if you have the imagination...you can make almost anything on a synth. You wanna hear a Virus do made shit?

Check out this: Virus Insanalized

As I say...its all down to your expertise and imagination.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 15.03.2005, 08:09 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
if you have the imagination...you can make almost anything on a synth. You wanna hear a Virus do made shit?

Check out this: Virus Insanalized
Not bad, not at all! This was great but maybe a little too short. Double the length!
Old 15.03.2005, 10:19 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Thanks much to marc and ben for the demo! My feelings on it are mixed -- the sounds are fairly standard pad/lead sounds, albeit with some of the nice, subtle complexity the wavetables can bring. On the flip side, this is the first virus demo I've heard that has that smooth, rich, high-frequency, glassy sound I typically associate with 'expensive,' so that's great. Overall, for what I like, the patches sound decent, but the quality sounds excellent.

first of all, when i do demos normally i have a virtually unlimited amount of sounds to my disposal (there is about 5000 on the access site...). here, i had about 20 and they were specifically designed to show what's new (only using the new oscillator types).

as for the "usuable" sounds, we will take that in. i never thought that a demo can ever cover exactly what you would do yourself. so indirectly i just covers what I would do with the sound in this moment. point me to a link of what you expect and i happily will listen to it.

what somebody described as expensive wasn't designed for a sales reason at all (apart from the fact that we live from selling our synths of course). it's just the way those oscs sound. a wavetable clearly has a clarity to it which was not possible to program with the traditional VA oscillators. if it would, we wouldn't felt the need to develop wavetable oscillators in the first place. we wouldn't implement a new oscillator without knowing that it would add a lot to the sonic arsenal.

marc
Old 15.03.2005, 10:27 PM

Well Marc & Ben.....from what ive heard in that demo...its enough to convince me that it'll be capable of the kinda sounds I wish to make. Funny enough, I personally wont be using the hyper saw for cliched trance leads....ill be using it more in an ambient/experimental sense.

I think some of these presets are *very* well programmed. Some really beautiful tones.....im happy you resisted the urge to make a trance demo! I expect most people who complain are the ones who cant program shit. Its important people remind themselves that synths are capable of an almost infinite pallette of colours......

Just my opinion of course....

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 15.03.2005, 10:32 PM
Pro
Pro

hehe, cool wow! the Internal sync leads are so phatty, nice wavetables indeed
Old 15.03.2005, 11:28 PM

I think the demo Ben did at Namm was maybe a little more inspirational for me. It showed more of what could be done in my own hands.

The sound at about 3.20 is very cool indeed, but that was the only sound that I felt had real guts. The wavetables sound, um....OK - maybe if user waves become an option it would help. Also not sitting down with it myself and modulating the wavetables doesn't give a good idea, but still....

Anyway, you can hear the new features have opened up cool sound designing posibilities, now it's the wait for more programmers to try their hand at it.

I'll make some patches for you if you guys send me a free one by the way!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut