Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 28.04.2005, 06:24 AM
Veteran
Veteran

I personally would prefer the whole lot on one board.

I come here several times a day, but the ti forum I goto every 3-5 days. Its just a pain having several boards for the same thing when really they offer nothing different from each other.

ten
Old 28.04.2005, 06:33 AM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten
I personally would prefer the whole lot on one board.
main problem - cost.
from Juho's previous posts I doubt he wants to take on the responsibilty of 15-20gig worth of traffic per month... and I doubt the webmaster of TI Forums wants anything to do with that bill either (but hey, maybe...)

Personally I think it would be good to have one board purely for virus technical discussion where perhaps access users and employees feel comfortable to contribute, and another where the rest of us freaks can dribble our bullshit and not offend anyone

I am happy to be involved in and be of assistance with both projects if need be.

cheers

blay
Old 28.04.2005, 07:02 AM

I think it will be a pitty if the forum gets split into sections actually. I think if the TI forum wants the members, then it should take the lot - warts and all.

Personaly, regarding the censorship issue, if there is any censorship handed down for swearing or open opinions then it will suck no matter where the data base is. Too many forums are based around comercial viability - if people start knocking the sponsers (companies paying for advertising) then people will be restricted. What's the TI forum like in that respect?

Most of the people here (including myself alot of the time) will not go over easily on other forums - even Juho has chased many people away from this one with his "open views" - hehe. That's from here too!

Anyway, we will see what happens I guess.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 28.04.2005, 07:32 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Yes, I do like the openess of this forum greatly. Its few and far between these days. My posts that got censored at the other place were not like 'OH MY GOD, HOW COULD HE' they just had a couple of profanitys and I can see that webmaster dude throwing his weight around a lot more overtime especially if the forum got bigger and handled more areas.

Again, I think one forum to rule them all is the way to go with free speech/views (unless someone gets totally out of line of course.) I would be happy to dontate a little bit every month towards the upkeep as im sure others would also.

ten
Old 28.04.2005, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcell
Too many forums are based around comercial viability - if people start knocking the sponsers (companies paying for advertising) then people will be restricted. What's the TI forum like in that respect?
nobody pays for advertising on TI forums.
in fact access wouldnt even donate a tshirt to give away - the webmaster covers that himself, along with all other costs associated with hosting etc.

ten i think you downplayed your post a little - a fuck here and a shit there never hurt anyone ( 8O ) but we all know when we cross the line.
TI forums is a medium for free expression of ideas - as long as people can express their ideas with a pinch of reason

if you are concerned about splitting up the forum, I will pass this on to WM and there is every chance he will foot the entire hosting bill to keep everything together....

regardless of the outcome i just hope this forum remains usable in some capacity. (you know youd all miss me too much otherwise).

cheers

blay
Old 28.04.2005, 01:07 PM
Administrator

Upgrading my webspace to be able to run the whole forum would cost about 80 euros. Not cheap, I say.
Old 28.04.2005, 03:00 PM

Well look guys.....im more than happy to contribute a little bit of money to keep the forum alive. I think its important to have this resource as it benefits users and provides an outlet to express ideas and concerns.

If the decision is made to transfer over to the TI forum...then thats great. However, I find the UI of the TI forum a little confusing. Put it this way...its not as clearly laid out as this forum is. Blay....maybe you could do something about that?

I think its important to have all the Virus related threads right at the top of the page....and as you scroll down...you get the more general chat and off topic threads. The TI forum is laid out opposite to this....and everytime I visit I find myself getting a little confused and time consuming.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 28.04.2005, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to 3o3

Juho: ?80? That's not that much really - I could atleast give you ?20! Then it's only ?60 left to get some sponsors for.

Pff.. I am with HC here. I will not surrender to the other forum! The monkey stays

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 28.04.2005, 04:00 PM
Administrator

How many of you guys are willing to donate?
Old 28.04.2005, 04:03 PM

I am Juho....

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....