Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 16.02.2006, 03:08 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Default I cant believe im actually going to say this...

...but im guessing i wont use the TI as a plugin, once latency gets solved. i mean its nice, but its not what im looking forward to most in 1.1--- that would go to the control surface aspect of it.
yes, being able to freeze would be nice, but since polyphony isnt even close to an issue, im not too concerned about this.

i just find that the plugin is quiet, and i can only insert a single instance of it in Sonar, whereas i have 3 or 4 midi tracks i can use to break these out into seperate tracks.

anyone else going to continue to use the 1/4" outputs instead of the plugin? or is it just me?
Old 16.02.2006, 04:43 PM
This forum member lives here

Use the TI whichever way you want

If I had one I wouldnt use the TI integration....I wouldnt even use multimode. Im a one sound per synth kind of chappy. Personally id most likely use the TI for pads, wavetables and complex FX. Thats all I'd want or need from it. How about you? What purpose does the TI serve you? Do you use other synths aswell?

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 16.02.2006, 06:46 PM
Am starting to like this forum

yeah, i dont use multimode at all either. dont even know what it is!

in Sonar, i usually use 3 or 4 virus TI sounds per track, just so that everything isnt too synthy. sometimes i use more, sometimes i use less. but im very much like you perhaps in that i use mainly one sound per synth. and most of my "lines" are mono lines, so polyphony isnt an issue. actually, with the virus b it wasnt an issue either. i imagine if i made purely dance music, i would use more virus.

do i use other synths. haha. well, yeah. lots.

its too bad the VC portion of the TI renders the normal midi useless. i like using VC for browsing patches and that sort of thing.
Old 16.02.2006, 08:31 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

I use Multimode and love it !

Multimode allows you to layer more than one patch for freaking big sound patches. Think of it another step up in sound design, i.e. you can layer a pad sound with another animated pad sound effect for a magical result, adjust effects of each independently, ... You will be surprised at how good the TI sounds with a bit of creative layering of patches in multimode, just make sure you assign the same midi channel to two or more parts and the magic starts happening, also try using an Arp patch layered with anything you like, (lead, pad, ...etc) Multimode is Great. Don't ignore it !
Old 16.02.2006, 11:18 PM

I think my dx7 mkii is bitimbral and i to like layering sounds in that way. There is a dedicated button on the front which allows me to do this. On the Virus....can a bitimbral mode be accessed via the front panel? Or do you have to fiddle with it via midi in a host? This is something i really missed on the virus kc i had. 1 simple button thats all it needs....

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 17.02.2006, 05:56 AM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

To enter Multimode on the TI:

- Press Multi button

To Edit each part in Multimode:

- Press (Shift) and (Edit) buttons simultaneously.

You can navigate to each part via the (<-- Part -->) buttons.

You can assign the same midi channel to more than one part via the
(<-- parameter -->) buttons which selects the various menus of each part.

By the way, Multimode can NOT be accessed when VC is active, since "Sequencer mode" is automatically switched ON via VC. and each part has a its own unique midi channel (Part 1 = Chennel 1, Part 2= Chennel 2, Part 3 = Chennel 3,..etc.) To layer two parts via VC using a DAW you will need to utilize your sequencers layering capabilities.

One more thing, when in multimode I can change the relative volume of each part of a layer, but I think this can not be as easily done in Sequencer mode, since a CC#7 (Volume) is sent to both parts at the same time, with the same value, so customizing the two layers volume, while playing live is not possible.

Multimode can be lots of fun, plus, can create some quite unique sounds.
Old 22.02.2006, 04:49 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
How about you? What purpose does the TI serve you? Do you use other synths aswell?
I HAVE a bunch of synths (older) but I have in the last year made my home "studio" all digital, which is AWESOME... well, that means the Virus TI is a perfect match for me. I do like the Novation SuperNova 2 (I got the rack), but I don't have the digital output for it, so it just sits there. (If anyone could find me an available digital out, that would be awesome!!!)

I use the Virus TI in multi mode, but all that is, really, is just 16 viruses in one box...
Old 23.02.2006, 02:36 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Thanks Muziksculp!!
I just peaked!!!
I havent been using multi till just then and
now Im never gonna sleep again... :P
Old 24.02.2006, 09:15 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
Use the TI whichever way you want

If I had one I wouldnt use the TI integration....I wouldnt even use multimode. Im a one sound per synth kind of chappy. Personally id most likely use the TI for pads, wavetables and complex FX. Thats all I'd want or need from it. How about you? What purpose does the TI serve you? Do you use other synths aswell?

DS
So many other better machines for pads tho. I have a Sequential Circuits VS it makes loverly pads. I Also have Korg Wavestation A/D which is also sooperb for pads.