Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 26.02.2006, 12:56 AM
New here
New here

Default VST Effects - Can these apply to single channels?

So I've managed to get myself confused having done a search on this topic as to whether it's possible to apply VST effects to single tracks in VC mode.
For example
Track 1 would have a pad with say a gate effect like camel space.
Track 2 would have a bass with its own compressor.
Etc.

For some reason I thought that this was possible to a limited extent (eg 3 separate channels) due to the multiple audio streams being passed through the USB cable. Is this true? Or can you only apply one set of audio effects to all 16 tracks from VC at once?

If it is possible to apply it to single tracks, how do you set this up in Live 5 or cubase?

Cheers, Domc
Old 26.02.2006, 09:19 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

No, within a DAW you get only one audio out AFIK.
Old 28.02.2006, 07:45 PM
Newborn
Newborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOTAL
No, within a DAW you get only one audio out AFIK.
there are two outs via USB ! see also post here
Live 6, Cubase SL3, Gigastudio 3, Reason 3, Halion 3.1, NI 4 Komplete - Dell XPS Gen 4, 3.6GHz, 3GB, 2x160GB RAID0, 1TB ext disks, XP-Prof, Dell 24" wide screen, M-Audio 410, Mackie control/XT, Korg Kontrol 49, Access Virus TI KB, Roland MC-808, Kore, Gibson Explorer, Warwick Stryker, Sansamp 1.1, T.C. G-Force, Roland FC-200
Old 01.03.2006, 03:58 AM
New here
New here

Thanks Chris v.helpful and more in line with what I had been thinking.

Your reply spurned me into action and after much brain twisting I've worked out how to do get the second channel in Live 5 (no easy task as you need to have separate midi and audio tracks asigned to the second USB output and you need to have both channels record enabled for you to be able to hear the TI). In SX it's much simpler.

Pity no sign of V1.1 yet. I've been counting down the days to get my studio set up with one remote surface controlling all my software. Have to make do with mangling some of the TI pads through Camel Space to pass the time.

Domc