Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 27.02.2006, 12:52 AM
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to Khazul
Default Virus TI FM

I was just playing with this (Wavetable sines + FM) properly for the probably the first time since I had it - a couple of wavetable sine waves messing with freqmod and phasemod FM modes + a bit of ring mod, noise, the usual FX etc.

All I can say is wow!!!

The combination of the FM + virus filters sounds f****** amazing
Its not that I'm getting anything wierd out of it (or even trying to), its just the sheer richness and fullness of the sound - allmost beyond what you expect from a synth and closer to the qualities of a accoustic instrument with all its subtle resonances and energy.

Flipping though the presets in the patch Ive noticed the the tightest bass sounds were FM based as well.

Marc - for the next major update to the virus synth technology, please further develop the FM side into full 4 or 6 op fm

Ive been playing with the DX7 board in my Motif ES, so quite getting back into FM sounds again, but this is something else entirely different when combined with VA side of the virus. Something the DX7 just cant touch on its own. To my mind Access are close to perfectly setup to creating probably the best sounding FM synth ever created - certainly is allready to my mind as a 2 op beast.

Anyone else been doing some messing with the wavetable FM side of the TI yet?
Old 27.02.2006, 09:53 AM

Feel free to post a few clips Khazul.
Us non-TI owners would like to have listen.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 27.02.2006, 11:12 AM
Amateur
Amateur

Totally agree. The TI can produce the most amazing sounds - the FM modes combined with wavetable synthesis and the various filters give it a unique hybrid sound and a potentially unlimited sound canvas to work on. Apart from the Dave Smith Poly Evolver I have never been more impressed with how amazing a synth can sound - with the right pilot of course.

Hollow - sound clips are ok, but you really want to get your hands on one for a few hours to really appreciate what the TI is all about. BUT (and it is a big but) until Access get a fully working stable OS I would hold fire on buying one. Especially if you are considering putting the TI at the centre of your studio - this is the mistake I made. I picked my TI up early November and had no idea that the OS had major problems before I bought it. If the release of OS 1.10 doesn't solve the issues I am having I will sell my TI and probably go for the Poly Evolver.

As a standalone synth the TI is truly inspirational. Trying to get it to work smoothly within a productive studio environment is a major pain in the arse for a vast number of owners. Beauty and the beast.
Old 27.02.2006, 01:26 PM

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

I'll knock up a few loops this eve if my MachineDrum hasnt shown up - thats supposed to be arriving today or tomorrow so once that turns up I'll be distracted for a while

Just thought, there is another synth around could be interesting for these kind of hybrid FM+VA sounds - thats the Alesis Fusion synh/workstation. Prices from Thomann have recently plummetted to something close to US prices so they are beginning to look very interesting - around 1K (UKP) for the 6HD now - 6op fm synth 2 osc VA (there was talk about making it 4 osc in an OS update), sampler, physical modelling synth, sequencer/multitrack etc...