Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 27.02.2006, 07:45 PM

Default Virus Ti Arp Problems.....?

I see many posts about sync problems with the arpeggiator.... Do these problems only exist when using the VC software? Do the arps work fine when simply using the Ti as a hardware synthesizer with good ol' fashioned MIDI cables?

I have an Indigo now, but the Ti is interesting to me because of the ability to have independent effects processing across different parts in multi mode.

Thanks for any info.

MW
Old 01.03.2006, 06:19 PM

I use old fasioned midi cables and have no problems with the arps, which - incidentally - are fantastic on the TI. The sound designers have programmed some custom arp patterns that completely defy my traditional idea of what an arp sounds like. I'm hooked
Old 01.03.2006, 06:24 PM

... oh yeah, and the fact that you have 16 completely independent effects on 16 voices is one of the greatest features of the TI. Sharing an effects section has always been such a drawback of multitimbral synths, and it is indeed a joy to work with true multitimbrility (is there such a word?) at last.

Mr O
Old 01.03.2006, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Orange
... oh yeah, and the fact that you have 16 completely independent effects on 16 voices is one of the greatest features of the TI. Sharing an effects section has always been such a drawback of multitimbral synths, and it is indeed a joy to work with true multitimbrility (is there such a word?) at last.

Mr O
Yes, that's what I am so excited about too. Like many people, I've been working with multitimbral synths for as long as they've been available, and this is something I've wanted for a long time.

I just called the music store and had them put the Polar on hold for me - I am going to pick it up in the morning, and find a reason to leave work early.

I guess the whole Virus Control thing could be interesting, but unless I am missing something it's just not that compelling. I am a "home hobbyist" with a computer, audio and MIDI interfaces, etc. The TI's internal effects should be just fine for me. I can always record important parts on to separate tracks and EQ them while mixing (which is what I do anyway).

I can't wait to get my Polar! No doubt my Indigo will be up on eBay soon....

MW