Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 01.03.2006, 03:24 PM
New here
New here

Default Thinking of buying a virus, but what one!!!

Hello all this is my first post and I am thinking of buying a virus, but does any one know what one I should buy...ie what's the best!!

Desktop or Full synth (with keys)?

I am in to trance & House-(Steve Angllo..style..)

Also what problems to look out for ?

Please share your knowledge!!! thanks
[/quote]
Old 01.03.2006, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to 3o3

It depends; The Virus synthesizer has really good keys (kB, kC and so on).. Do you got an synthesizer or a midi-keyboard that you're satisfied with then go for the desktop otherwise spend alittle more money and get the kB/kC

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 01.03.2006, 09:53 PM
New here
New here

Default Re:

(It depends; The Virus synthesizer has really good keys (kB, kC and so on).. Do you got an synthesizer or a midi-keyboard that you're satisfied with then go for the desktop otherwise spend alittle more money and get the kB/kC..........)

I have a good midi key board I am happy with, so if I was to get a desktop virus, what one would be best, virus A/B or C.....

...also you said "spend alittle more money and get the kB/kC."
what are these......."Dho"

Can you get all the same noises out of each off them
Old 01.03.2006, 10:49 PM

When he says Kc, he means Virus C series, same with Kb, Virus B series...

In all the Virus series, the sounds and capabilities are all the same, just come in different boxes.

I would recommend a C, or if you can live without the extra voices, Moog filter, and EQ, get a B. Both these options will be much cheaper than a new Ti, and also you get a fully functioning product.

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 01.03.2006, 11:03 PM

Default Re: Thinking of buying a virus, but what one!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAWF
Hello all this is my first post and I am thinking of buying a virus, but does any one know what one I should buy...ie what's the best!!

Desktop or Full synth (with keys)?
If you already have a good MIDI keyboard, you can save money by getting a desktop/rack version. I personally prefer the self-contained portability of the Indigo/Polar models.... I can easily move my Indigo around with a pair of headphones and play music / create patches (which is fun unto itself) wherever I want. I am purchasing a Polar tomorrow for the same reason.

Additionally, I think it's possible that the Indigo and Polar models will become real collector's items over the years, alongside the Minimoog, Odyssey, etc. (This could be an interesting topic to debate.) They may not sound any different than the desktop or 61-key versions, but they have visual personality, and plenty of people are interested in that. After all, guitar players will spend thousands extra for an instrument solely based upon appearance.

MW
Old 02.03.2006, 11:07 AM
New here
New here

Default Re:

Thanks very much for the advice,
I think I should go for the virus c,

but can you tell me how much I would expect to pay ?(second hand)

& would e-bay be best ?