Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Closed Thread

Old 23.06.2006, 05:07 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to aisling

Quote:
Originally Posted by blay
Ponsford is in a class of his own, and should not be compared to generic 'euro trance' artists....
You know it

Living Green, this is how we do it.....
http://www.creativeartflow.com/Joyre...rt/gallery.htm
Old 23.06.2006, 05:09 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by djencode
Quote:
Originally Posted by blay
Ponsford is in a class of his own, and should not be compared to generic 'euro trance' artists....
im in accordance with blay on that too. i what is classified as goa/psy is no way shape or form in the same class as acts like paul oakengay, scooter, ferry corsten etc...

sorry sick of access, peter, whoever the heck you are, but just cause they have 25 tracks (laugh) and spend tons of time on one trance lead, doesn't make them superstar producers.

edit : see there are some hard dance acts i can respect, yoji biomehanika, lab 4, mauro picotto, but even their music isnt very inspired...not very technical either :/
I like u

Old 23.06.2006, 05:14 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasedee
Hey Mr Crouch!

Dont mean to sound like I am jumping on the "Lets have a crack at Peter Crouch" Bandwagon, but I reckon all your issues are cos u are using cracked software mate...

And probably all your trance friends are doing the same thing...

I think this forum should have a "No talk about cracked software" policy. It is not cool, and I dont condone it...

Anyways, Im sure your problems can/will be sorted, but it may just take some time. Dont let it stop you making tunes!!!!

good one and don't forget to offer the crouchster 0.25$ for a soda pop.

Old 23.06.2006, 06:44 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Crouch
You could actually take this synth and fly to the moon with it if you just decided to put enough money in the project.

Is 9/10 virus Ti synths faulty? I just don't buy that!
The thing is that Access virus didn't want to spend enough money on this synth to make it as powerful to match the promises.
The reason is probably because the synth would have to be twice as expensive. So they decided to lie and bring out false facts because there would be so many people that never needed to push it that hard anyway so they could just let this become a huge problem for us EDM/trance/techno producers. I know many trance producers which isn't very well known and some few known ones, and all of them struggles with this synth. The reason is because they tweak heavy patches.

Virus Ti doesn't have enough DSP chips. I've had a good look inside of it.

I think this is the last time i will repeat myself about this.
sorry but i just don't buy your statement, here's why.

Arksun *Banjo Trance IS the future \o/* says:
how many parts do ya have running simultaneous.. and are they like full on sounds, loads of fx on each , reverb delays eqs etc
Paul Moelands says:
well yeah obvisouly
Paul Moelands says:
around 6 sounds simult
Paul Moelands says:
fxed and all
Paul Moelands says:
lots of triggers
Paul Moelands says:
etc
some of those hypersaw using presets?
Paul Moelands says:
yeah
Paul Moelands says:
kind of
ok, i'm gonna put this in the forum thread about it if ya dont mind, some people just dont believe some TI's are indeed stable. lol
i'm very much not alone in the dodgy TI front it seems
Paul Moelands says:
what forum thread?
http://infekted.org/viewtopic.php?p=57311#57311
i'll just copy n paste this text to if if thats ok
?
Paul Moelands says:
what text?
Paul Moelands says:

what we just wrote above! lol
Paul Moelands says:
well the thing is.. i know i have one of the first batch released ti's
Paul Moelands says:
i dont know if they changed anything after the big hog of pre-orders in their hardware
hmmm, this is really whats concerning quite a few of us, is there a fundamental dodgy batch of hardware out there
Paul Moelands says:
for all i know, i can now work without problems on as much as i tried, it hasnt crashed on me yet since that new update and it seems VERY stable and very willing to work with me, totally opposite of before, when it was drifting in and out of sync and shite like that
have you tried it in midi mode again?
Paul Moelands says:
no
Paul Moelands says:
i wont!
Paul Moelands says:
i refuse
lol
Paul Moelands says:
now it works, it should keep working!
haha ok, dont wanna break it

sorry buddy, making a multi of layered pads and spending a week making a hypersaw or supersaw lead doesn't make you a musician. you're not going to convince anyone it can't do what it promises, because really, i have yet to even reach the limits of the synth. i mean hell, people have turned in polars for desktops and found there was a siginificant difference in reliability. you also aren't going to convince me that trance is some superior form of music that taxes synths the most and requires the most dsp bandwith, because thats horseshit. trance is one of the most simplistic, non inpiried form of electronic music ever created. the drums rhythm is ALWAYS the same. the leads ARE ALWAYS THE SAME. only thing that differs is the bass SOMETIMES and the pads, and the drum fills. i'd put artists like autechre and venetian snares miles above any homo-trance producer. (just as a side note aaron funk has a heartmann neuron sitting against the wall...lucky guy). i mean hell i can write trance on my kstation, i don't need the evolved functions of the ti to do that. and in fact i think it would be a waste of a synth and an insult to virus to write generic euro-trance on it. the virus is a dark synth, it should be making dark music :P

ok my rant is over. you can believe what you will about the virus, i'll completely ignore you and continue to love it, while you toil over meaningless points about it and let your money go to waste.

edit : by the way it's not that i hate you, i just hate when people CLAIM trance is this superior form of music.
Old 23.06.2006, 09:44 AM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by djencode

edit : by the way it's not that i hate you, i just hate when people CLAIM trance is this superior form of music.
No matter. Juho sacked him quick smart.

Sorry for the ranting guys - all this happened around the time of the AUS vs CROATIA so I was a little hot under the collar

cheers

Blay
Old 23.06.2006, 01:48 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to bishopkris40

Quote:
because thats horseshit. trance is one of the most simplistic, non inpiried form of electronic music ever created
Bad time to say I plan to make trance and happy hardcore then

Wondered when he would turn up here, I have to say though he'll be back once he figures out how to switch the thing on properly.

Cheers
Kris

On another note, I argued with him that the supernova had issues, funny enough I contacted novation and they confirmed mine is faulty, only needs me to re-seat a wire. ooooohh I hate synth problems
Old 23.06.2006, 02:19 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Update on my new replacement TI.
logged about 6 hours all told now in standalone mode.
Not one crash or blip.
I'm going to 'bootcamp' the mac tonight, so I'll stick
Cubase SX3 on and see how the VC plugin behaves.

Fingers crossed.
Old 23.06.2006, 02:26 PM

Thats really is good news Threlly - I hope that i will have a similar experience when my unit is replaced next week...

cheers

Blay
Old 23.06.2006, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to 3o3

Oh for fuck.. I'll lock this bloody thread as it seems that it doesn't really do anything than upset people.

I've got tons of emails about this thread and messages on MSN about this.

I am drunk, So i think that I am really nice and a nice fellah to do this and do not upset the monkeygod!

EDIT: I love the fact that you all discuss pro/cons about the new update but I don't wanna hear anything about a faulty TI. You've shoulda wait before you bought your bloody synthesizers!

Access will fix this and those that still suffers from problems, get it bloody replaced before your warranty runs out. It ain't that hard you know?

I am confident that Access will fix this, it's a shame that it hasn't been fixed earlier but I know that they will fix it.

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Closed Thread