Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 21.01.2009, 01:11 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to mitchiemasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceri JC View Post
I think a good way of implementing this would be to show the pre-programmed arps, then when you click on them to edit them it seamlessly jumps to the "user" arp, where it has copied the pattern. I'd like it to do this without any warnings about overwriting the user arp; make the numptys who do it by accident use the undo key, rather than everyone click "yes" every time.
thats exactly how it should work.
Old 21.01.2009, 01:18 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Dear Santa,

I would like a:

1. Real military grade valve for the distortion (freeing up CPU and providing some nice analog warmth) NB: I haven't heard the new distortions in OSv3 yet.. also I realise asking for physical components from an OS update is stupid. :P

2. Onboard waveform peaks and apparent loudness analysis tool

3. Virus Control that works in a 64 bit operating system!!!!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!

4. Better Demo Song (the current one is pretty lame)

5. A better, more configurable implementation of the filter Split Mode.

6. Expanded Retrigger/Legato options, preferably consolidated into their own menu screens instead of scattered all over the place.

7. A flashy virus logo that can sync to a beat detected by audio, as well as to the midi clock. Also a logo that flashes depending on the keyboard activity, eg one flash per key press. And a logo that dims and brightens with the overall output volume, or the output volume of a specific patch, or the currently selected patch. A "strobe" option would be nice, too, ie flashing at, say, 1000bpm when in reality the tempo is only 100bpm.

8. MORE ANALOG-STYLE FILTERS!! ::creams self at the thought of the 1pole::

9. A stereo image analysis tool.

10. A cooler "waking up" sequence. Currently when waking the TI from sleep mode, all the LEDs flash once, then return to whatever is appropriate for the currently selected patch. With so many LEDs available it's almost criminal to not make better use of them, for some value-adding eye candy and a proper little visual reward for coming back to it each time. How about a circular sweeping pattern across the face of the board? Or twinkling star-like stuff?

Yus.

-Annikk
Old 21.01.2009, 02:31 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subactive View Post
The ultimate for me would be to be able to drag n drop the Arp patterns into the host sequencer as Midi Files. Total Control over the pattern.
Now that is an incredible idea and feature I would love to see!
Old 21.01.2009, 02:45 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by keybdwizrd View Post
1. Standalone VC
BIG +1 for this!
Old 21.01.2009, 04:11 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulkeeley View Post
BIG +1 for this!
I say +10!

I tried os 3.0.. but now the VC doesn't work in DP 5.1. I only need to use VC for patch editing...

barring this being fixed, does anyone have a suggestion for a *free* program on the mac that I can use to host this VST well enough to do patch editing with OS 3?

http://www.themoodchannel.com
Old 21.01.2009, 05:42 PM
New here
New here

Just a step sequencer, thanks. Arp values as mod source, or a new VC page to edit it.

While on the subject, is there a "drone" function - a way of holding a non-gated note indefinitely? I'm away from the synth right now..
Old 21.01.2009, 06:35 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbroad View Post
Just a step sequencer, thanks. Arp values as mod source, or a new VC page to edit it.

While on the subject, is there a "drone" function - a way of holding a non-gated note indefinitely? I'm away from the synth right now..
"hold" in the osc section, its the last one in the list.
Old 21.01.2009, 07:13 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Access have just released OS3....which obviously involved alot of work. I find it baffling that people are already commenting on further features and upgrades. I'm not speaking on behalf of Access....but someone, somewhere must surely find this frustrating.

These upgrades are not a right....but a continuing gesture of goodwill. Any other manufacturer would have wrapped up a new OS in a new product and made you pay for the privilage. My feeling is that we would lay off the 'I want I want' type threads and just be thankful for what one has already been given.

Peace out

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 21.01.2009, 09:07 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS View Post
Access have just released OS3....which obviously involved alot of work. I find it baffling that people are already commenting on further features and upgrades. I'm not speaking on behalf of Access....but someone, somewhere must surely find this frustrating.

These upgrades are not a right....but a continuing gesture of goodwill. Any other manufacturer would have wrapped up a new OS in a new product and made you pay for the privilage. My feeling is that we would lay off the 'I want I want' type threads and just be thankful for what one has already been given.

Peace out

DS
Oh, for sure... we're greedy bastards. This is all in love. We love 3.0 (at least I do) and I would of gladly paid for it. It's not meant to be an insult... just to dream. A lot of these requests work off of the new OS and are probably easy to update (for example, adding some of the new effect parameters to the mod matrix)... I'm sure there will be 3.1 and I'm sure they're already working on it so maybe they want some ideas of what the people want. Access isn't one to rest on their laurels.
Old 21.01.2009, 09:14 PM
Very mucho Newbie

this is a simple one; reset vc softknobs to zero by double clicking on them