Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 09.06.2009, 09:13 AM
Am starting to like this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
i know that TI2 users had not have the chance to go back to version 2.7.5 and had to use the 3.0 public betas but now, since a release build is out, that shouldn't be a problem anymore.
The problem isn't whether it's a beta version or not, the problem is if it's stable or not. Which, sadly, it is not, and hasn't been for me since I bought the thing. Contacted access support 4-5 days before 3.0.3 was released and they told me the crash problems I was having were a known problem and a fix was being worked on. 3.0.3 comes out and it's still squealing at me all the time, so I sent another message, got one reply that wasn't really helpful at all, which I replied to, and haven't heard back from access for about 9 days now. You'd think for $2000 I could at least get response. At least with the nice hefty build quality it makes a good paperweight.

And sorry marc if that comes across as rude or anything but it's just getting really really frustrating at this point. I do appreciate you guys trying to hunt problems down and all though (especially in rapid fire small update form)
Old 09.06.2009, 10:10 AM
aTISHooo!
I am starting to like this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
Well even Access say dont use in a productive environment...& I have to agree. Despite the latest OS being described as a full release it is still a long way off. The AU & VST versions are pretty good but the RTAS version sucks, so if you use pro tools I would not recommend it if you need the TI side of it.
It doesn't say do not use TIOS v3,
it says "The VST3 version shouldn't be used in a productive environment".
I use protools and my virus ti without too much bother.

The TI has been very stable for me for a long time, nothing like the early days when it actually had noticeable, even severe bugs.

Not to say some people don't have bugs now, I appreciate how frustrating it can be when your beloved instrument doesn't work as desired.

But given all the new features and frequent hot fixes, I can put up with it.
Old 09.06.2009, 10:20 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonis View Post
And sorry marc if that comes across as rude or anything but it's just getting really really frustrating at this point. I do appreciate you guys trying to hunt problems down and all though (especially in rapid fire small update form)
i guess i would be frustrated as well, if i would be you. but i'm not. i can't say that i'm making music with the virus 8hrs a day but for instance 3 days in a row at remix hotel in miami back in april. fact is that it didn't crash on me and i was running loads of parallel tracks and i didn't treat it like a raw egg either. i totally believe you that it is crashing on you but as long as we cannot reproduce your crashes, chances are low that those will be cured. as for support not coming back to you, i doubt that it is intentional. we don't have a dug and cover policy for support inquiries. usually those guys are respond quick and on top, since 3.0.3 is out, we don't have many support inquiries. you might want to give it another try, maybe our email went to a spam filter (or yours ...).

best, marc

Follow the Virus on Twitter: http://twitter.com/accessmusic
Watch the Virus on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/accessmusic
Become Infected friends on Facebook: http://facebook.com/pages/Virus/77569453701
Old 09.06.2009, 12:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibsonguy909 View Post
is the Virus a stable platform?
no it is not
i am suggesting you to get a casio
Old 09.06.2009, 04:00 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

The only problem i've ever had with my virus is the patch change bug that was just fixed. Before that I've not had a single problem with my virus and i've had it since 2006.

OS3 runs solid for me, and I'm even running it in FL Studio!
Old 09.06.2009, 05:37 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonis View Post
The problem isn't whether it's a beta version or not, the problem is if it's stable or not. Which, sadly, it is not, and hasn't been for me since I bought the thing. Contacted access support 4-5 days before 3.0.3 was released and they told me the crash problems I was having were a known problem and a fix was being worked on. 3.0.3 comes out and it's still squealing at me all the time, so I sent another message, got one reply that wasn't really helpful at all, which I replied to, and haven't heard back from access for about 9 days now. You'd think for $2000 I could at least get response. At least with the nice hefty build quality it makes a good paperweight.

Are you emailing in or calling? The reason I ask is I needed to get a spare cable, and the US office was closed last week, so that might explain the delay.

I have gotten responses from the email support system at 2:00am, so when they say 24 hours a day, they kind of mean it Check your spam filter.
Old 09.06.2009, 05:40 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
Well even Access say dont use in a productive environment...& I have to agree. Despite the latest OS being described as a full release it is still a long way off. The AU & VST versions are pretty good but the RTAS version sucks, so if you use pro tools I would not recommend it if you need the TI side of it.
Works good as a standalone.
Dude - read more, smoke less. They are talking about the VST3 version.
Old 09.06.2009, 07:11 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
i guess i would be frustrated as well, if i would be you. but i'm not. i can't say that i'm making music with the virus 8hrs a day but for instance 3 days in a row at remix hotel in miami back in april. fact is that it didn't crash on me and i was running loads of parallel tracks and i didn't treat it like a raw egg either. i totally believe you that it is crashing on you but as long as we cannot reproduce your crashes, chances are low that those will be cured. as for support not coming back to you, i doubt that it is intentional. we don't have a dug and cover policy for support inquiries. usually those guys are respond quick and on top, since 3.0.3 is out, we don't have many support inquiries. you might want to give it another try, maybe our email went to a spam filter (or yours ...).

best, marc
Sent it through the helpdesk itself so i doubt it was a spam filter that caught it. I'm assuming there's likely some sort of debug software you run when you're reproducing crashes on your end, is there any way I could run that on my end and send the results back your way when it crashes? I'd be more than willing to work with your guys to help you pin down the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago View Post
I have the same problems with the VST3 version and the VST2.4 version.
Old 09.06.2009, 08:12 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

I have to say that i had alooot of problems wen i bougth my virus ti2, it was realy buggy and even in stand alone mode it crashed sometimes i was realy dissapointed back then, but after this last drivers release it as working perfeclty in my macpro and i realy think this is realy a great buy
Old 09.06.2009, 09:23 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago View Post
I was replying to the original poster of the thread who DID NOT specify which platform he/she uses. Put the crack pipe down & learn to read.