Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 23.08.2014, 08:15 PM
Pro
Pro

Default Any New OS updates expected ?

Any New OS updates expected ?
Old 25.08.2014, 05:52 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to mitchiemasha

Seems very quite out there these days!
Old 25.08.2014, 09:47 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for one as it was February the last one was released & that was only bug fixes mostly. I really can't see them making many more updates, they haven't even addressed the issue that there synth is no longer compatible with the latest versions of Pro Tool's as they have not made an AAX version of the plug-in & the old RTAS versions will not work on later versions of PT. I guess they just don't give a shit about PT user's
Old 26.08.2014, 03:48 PM
Pro
Pro

Guys at Access probably developing a new synth ?
seems like the Ti (1) range has had its last update and is as complete as it will ever be...Its pretty good where it is..but would have been nice with a few added features though...a multi segment envelope with loop points maybe...among other things...

Hmm..
You Use Protools for Electronic Music ??
I always found it great for recording, sound for video and audio editing tasks etc..
I was never comfortable with it for any MIdi and electronic music/ synthesis etc...Avid( Digidesign) ever planning to include VST support ?
Old 26.08.2014, 07:18 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

The last new collection of features (TI OS v5) were announced January NAMM 2012, then beta'd June 2012 and the stable version was finally released December 2012. Only bug-fixes have been added since then - the latest being OS v5.0.8 back in February (2014). So we're looking at two years since OS v5 was released.

Could well be that they've stopped development of TI|2 and are gathering features for a new TI device. It's anyone's guess. But given that the current TI's have saturated the market and that the company relies on hardware sales for profit they would need a measurable update on any such new device to tempt existing users to trade their old ones in for it. No small feat.

However, the same company develops and manufactures the range of Kemper Profiling Amps (KPA) for guitars as well, which has been a hive of activity these last few years. Latest KPA OS was released 28th July (late last month) and it appears they're doing workshop tours with the KPAs throughout September and October. So KPA wise, they're all guns blazing. Christoph (Kemper) remains very active on the KemperAmp forums.

In general, though, seems both the KPA development and its placement in the market is becoming quite mature now, so hopefully they may turn their attention back to the Virus.

Kemper Digital have 18 employees which together develop both KPA and Access Virus.
Old 26.08.2014, 09:20 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutrinoland View Post

Hmm..
You Use Protools for Electronic Music ??
I always found it great for recording, sound for video and audio editing tasks etc..
I was never comfortable with it for any MIdi and electronic music/ synthesis etc...Avid( Digidesign) ever planning to include VST support ?
Just for recording & tracking/mixing. I use Live for midi stuff & composition.
Old 30.08.2014, 12:14 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Is there someone here who could actually ask them about it? I also think things have been to quite for to long! And non of this would make any sense without a future product coming out soon. Still, the Virus still ranks way up there compared to most hardware synths on the market. Even feature wise, it's much more vast and complete then the recent Nord Lead 4 - even though the later focuses on the streamlined interface, no menu diving and also sounds amazing of course!

However, I don't think any Virus user would resist a new product if they do it like I believe they can do it! With some more features on it, it would totally kill! And I'm sure they're aware of that and probably on their way to it to - hopefully not to optimistically on this point!
Old 10.09.2014, 09:06 AM
Infektion taking hold...

I don't know about you guys, but I can't get on to the Access Virus forum anymore. It was saying updating for a few days and now it's asking for my username and password before giving me a 401 error…
Old 10.09.2014, 09:30 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruari View Post
I don't know about you guys, but I can't get on to the Access Virus forum anymore. It was saying updating for a few days and now it's asking for my username and password before giving me a 401 error…
Yup same here & it's been ages since the site was updated.
Old 13.09.2014, 06:41 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Looks like they have finished the upgrade, the forum is now back on line with a new look.