Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 26.10.2007, 04:54 AM
New here
New here

Default cubase sx 3 not detecting key strokes

I just recently received my access virus keyboard, and I've had no problems running it with stand alone vst programs such as Absynth.

My only problem is that Cubase won't detect the key strokes on my access virus using the virus control vst. I've already set the in to all midi inputs, and out to the virus TI, but it still refuses to detect the strokes on the keyboard. I've put the audio bay to the virus usb audio, but still nothing works. I even tested it out with other vst plugins with cubase, and it won't detect it. My M-Audio keyboard detects perfectly on cubase but the access virus won't even detect anything.

Am I doing anything wrong?

Much help would be appreciated thanks
Old 26.10.2007, 05:08 PM
New here
New here

Anyone would care to help me out? Everything works even the access virus usb asio sound. I can play it clicking the mouse on the keyboard in the software, but it just doesnt' detect my keyboard why is that? Its the same for fruity loops.
Old 26.10.2007, 06:42 PM
New here
New here

Does having cubase x3 on vista 32 bit have to deal with the midi driver problems? Then again I have the latest firmware and software vista beta. So not sure if has to deal with that.
Old 29.10.2007, 03:41 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to bishopkris40

strange thing, it works fine here, but you could check the midi activity meter in cubase. If not them I'm stuck, do you have a virus synth input? if so try that and see
Old 09.01.2008, 09:07 PM
New here
New here

Red face

Hi I just read the reply, and ya I am still struggling. But I did get activity from my keystrokes on cubase just that I can't hear any sound. I set my default sound to the Ti Virus, but when I load cubase it shuts the sound off, and I can't hear anything from my line out or usb. Did I hook up the virus properly? I just hooked up everything midi out to midi in on my sound card, and sound card midi out to midi in on my virus. I then stuck the line out to my mixer, but I still don't recieve any sound, but I managed to get the key strokes detected. So I guess the big problem now is outputting sound to cubase, and recording it. The only time I get sound back is when I shut off cubase, and do a hard reset on my access virus keyboard.

I have a audigy 4 pro, and the latest drivers.

How did you guys hook up your virus? It's a bit frustrating when a 2500 dollar keyboard doesn't work but your 80 dollar midi keyboard does.
Old 10.01.2008, 07:48 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimuz View Post

How did you guys hook up your virus? It's a bit frustrating when a 2500 dollar keyboard doesn't work but your 80 dollar midi keyboard does.
Before you state that your synth doesn't work have you contacted access?

Next My connection

USB to CUBASE SX 3
OUTPUT 1 L and R to my monitors

When I have a midi track I want to use the TI

I open a new project.
I use input Virus TI as the input
I open VC
Then you will see a Virus TI added to the list (this is the VST part, as if you have opened up any vst it the becomes and available output)

I select that as the output.

But the basic thing to watch is that you can see any midi activity on the transport bar.

Next I'd just turn local on on the synth and try to play normally, if this works then there is something wrong in your track settings.
Old 10.01.2008, 08:26 AM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

You can't compare a MIDI keyboard (that plays no sounds itself) to a Synth keyboard. They are completely different in terms of signal routing.

Sounds to me like you want to play with the Local On/Off settings...

I would also recommend using it the way bishopkris suggest, via USB. Everything is handled for you and you don't have to faff with latency and audio signal routing issues.

Drammy
Old 10.01.2008, 07:10 PM
New here
New here

Red face

ok I did what you said, and local is on, but even if its on or off there is still no sound coming out. I see the midi bar going up, and down each time I press the key strokes. I enabled the Read, and write, and even the monitor icons on to see if that was the cause but still nothing. Should I use my soundcard to get the sound working or using the virus usb audio is fine?

I followed what you said and there is still no sound coming out, and I defaulted my PC sound to my virus, and I can play songs on it no problem but everytime cubase is open there is no sound whatsoever. The only time I can hear sound is when I shut off cubase, and restart the virus.

I'm using cubase SX by the way if thats any help. Do you think it's vista the problem? Or there is something I haven't hooked up properly? I mean I can play regularly on another vst program using the keyboard just that the sound doesn't come out from the keyboard itself when hooked on cubase. Same thing with abelton live.
Old 10.01.2008, 08:10 PM
New here
New here

Ok I managed to get the sound working now, but now it won't record. I enabled midi channel behavior under VC in utility to get my sound working. I see the midi acivity going up, and the sound bar going up.

Here let me try to explain not sure if this matters, but when I play the keyboard I see the midi activity on the left and not the right. The red thing that goes up and down, and as for the sound that comes out. It comes up on the right side of the channel. I'm not sure if both need to be activated, but at least I got the sound working. Now I need to figure how it can record it.

Here is the image that I was talking about with the midi activity and the sound activity:

Old 11.01.2008, 02:28 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

no image, but if you can here it then thats fine. to record it just do a real time bounce.

You do know there are tutorial videos for all of this with the latest downloads?