Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 01.06.2004, 12:53 PM
New here
New here

California. Been fiddling again with the arps and it still sounds funny. First I record the arp(holding down one key) than I insert another midi track and assign it to channel two. Record the midi notes and then delete the first midi track. Assign my sound to the remaining arp midi track and it sounds very different than what I had heard before. Sounds like it is going a bit fast. The master clock is set. Any Idea?
Old 01.06.2004, 11:55 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

First of all make sure the Virus is syncing to the midi clock comming from Cubase.

You have to remember that when you record an arp in Cubase, you aren't actually recording each note of the arp, you are recording the first note to trigger the arp (unless of course you set things up to record each note - which I never do, so don't ask me how).

Once you have the single note recorded in Cubase, you can use the tempo of cubase to change the speed of the arp in your virus (as long as the virsu is syncing to midi clock from cubase OK).

Hope you have understood all this.
Good luck and let me know if it helped.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 02.06.2004, 06:15 AM
New here
New here

thanks for the help. i want the actual "midi notes" for learning and editing purposes. if you want i'll let you know when it's working properly. i think i know what's wrong :P checking tonight.
________
Club Royal Condos Pattaya

Last edited by freeman : 22.08.2011 at 04:46 AM.