Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 20.09.2004, 12:49 PM
New here
New here

After buy th virus i need to pay to my friends about 200?. I haven't money, but when I have money (about november) i'm gonna buy another hardware for best perfomance with my virus.

But now i want play with it, and i cannot do it I don't want wait to november

and....why should I buy a MIDI interface?
Old 20.09.2004, 01:18 PM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyodeejay
and....why should I buy a MIDI interface?
Well, if you buy a MIDI interface, it will allow you to use your virus. And if you buy a MIDI interface with more than 1 MIDI in and 1 MIDI out port, it will allow you in the future to hook up more MIDI devices, and allow you access to your MIDI devices from the one controller.

Basically, all of your suggestions are "Band-Aid" solutions, and in the long term, you will still be left with a shoddy soundcard with weak MIDI capabilities.......

Try to think of things in the long term, I know it is a crummy option as you want to play with your Virus NOW! but it will benefit your music if you hold out and dont waste any time/effort/money on second rate solutions.

It is like trying to fix your drum sound later with EQ and FX rather than recording it right in the first place......or some other similar analogy, whatever, you decide.

Anyways, do whatever it takes to sort out the problem, swap with your friend, install your old soundcard, try to repair the MIDI port....but all of these solutions will still leave you with less than desirable outcomes.

Good luck mate!

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 20.09.2004, 02:04 PM
New here
New here

Thanks. Then i'm gonna buy that things for december. thanks by your advice
Old 21.09.2004, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Thanks. Then i'm gonna buy that things for december. thanks by your advice
No problems.....hope it all works out for you!

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 26.09.2004, 10:11 AM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Default Re: My Virus C desktop doesn't sound

Quote:
MIDI IN (virus) to Joystick port (the cable is a DIN to a 15-pins, it's the MIDI cable of my evolution mk-249c, a midi controller)
Just some advise: I have an older Evolution keyboard and the 15-pin DIN to MIDI connecter that came with it has a build in supply connection so that you don?t have to use a seperate power supply (used power from the computer). Im not sure that the Virus (or any other equipment) likes that, but maybe the pins for supply voltage on the keyboard isn?t connected for anything in the Virus but i would?t try it myself

Onkel Dunkel.