Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 08.09.2009, 12:37 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Default Can you split the Virus TI keyboard?

Hi, I'm currently running my TI in Analogue mode (So I don't use the Total integration software).

I want to split the keyboard in to two zones placing a different sound in each zone, is this possible?

For example, a bass sound on the lower octave and a lead sound over the two higher octaves, I'm sure this is possible it's such a popular and basic function
but I cannot find any reference to it in the manual or in the menu, is this feature available in analogue mode? Or when using the Total integration software?

Or perhaps it's not available at all?
Old 08.09.2009, 01:08 AM
Complete Newbie

Or failing that.

Can I just mute individual keys somehow? At least then I could have some (note/sound free) key's to trigger samples with,
whilst the rest of the keyboard could be played as normal.

Please tell me this can be done, I've been searching this forum and it doesn't
look hopeful, questions on this subject seem to get left answered usually
Old 08.09.2009, 06:41 AM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

Hi NiCad

Yes, you can split the kb, using Multi mode. On p81 of the reference manual you will find the Multi mode parameters Low Key and High Key that you can use to define the range for each part. So you can set one part using one patch to High Key B3 and a different part using a different patch to Low Key C4. Then I think you need to set both parts to use the same MIDI channel. And thus you will have effectively split the kb at C4 to play one part with LH and another part simultaneously with RH.

I guess it is a little odd that the manual doesn't just have a 'split keyboard' reference as you might expect.

Hope this helps (and hope I'm right with the above instructions given that I am working from memory from the comfort of my duvet with a cup of Earl Grey
Old 08.09.2009, 03:14 PM
Complete Newbie

Earl Grey? Pure class

This manual, is it a PDF or did you actually get a proper paper manual/book with your Virus? Because all I got with my Virus Ti was the quick start guide is there actually a genuine user manual, or just one of them PDF thingy's?

I am actually the type of person who enjoys reading manuals, only . . . . . . no manual I didn't install the TI software and I presumed the manual was replaced with a help file of some kind . . . oops
Old 08.09.2009, 05:29 PM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

Any beverage that's good enough for Jean Luc Picard is good enough for me too!

Yes, I got a nice little 'Virus TI User Manual' with my TI1, and I've just noticed that when you fold it open it occupies perfectly the flat space to the right of the kb that some users believe should be filled with more knobs. Coincidence? I don't think so. Low Key/High Key instructions are on p168. The same instructions are in the Access Music/Virus TI/Documentation/Manuals/Virus TI/Virus TI reference.pdf (along with the Quick Start guide).
I enjoy reading manuals too - usually its (a) devour the whole thing quickly and see what sticks then (b) learn by playing then (c) use the manual mainly as a reference

Suzzy
Old 08.09.2009, 06:38 PM
Complete Newbie

A Trekkie hey? Cool!

Hey, if you're up for doing some file sharing, I've got the original Trek Sound effects collection.

As for this Manual, well I'm just going to have to ring Access about that, why do Ti Polar users not get a proper manual hey? PDF's ? ? ? I don't want to have to power up my PC just to read a manual, manual reading should be done on the sofa, or late at night (with a cup of cha) in front of the fire. I mean what's wrong with these people, how am I supposed to lug a bloody great 2000 watt PC in to my bed with me of an evening?

Have they no consideration? meh.
Old 09.09.2009, 12:42 AM
Pro
Pro

I got both the Virus TI User Manual, and the Virus Tutorial Howard Scarr in hard copy when I got my TI Polar.
Old 09.09.2009, 06:54 AM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ni-cad View Post
A Trekkie hey? Cool!

Hey, if you're up for doing some file sharing, I've got the original Trek Sound effects collection.
I don't think I would go that far, thanks all the same. I just like Patrick Stewart, and the Picard character.

I do agree with you about the fireside aspect. There is nothin like a good old fashioned manual that you can touch, feel, read in the absence of a computer, stand hot cups on etc. On the other hand there is nothing quite like the ability to search a massive manual in pdf form so you can find what you want in a second or two. BOTH paper and pdf manuals are what you need
Old 09.09.2009, 10:45 AM
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedingear View Post
I got both the Virus TI User Manual, and the Virus Tutorial Howard Scarr in hard copy when I got my TI Polar.

WHAAAT!!!!!

I've e-mailed them already, they wont give me a manual.

What utter wankers.