Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 13.07.2009, 10:58 AM
Infektion taking hold...

I have the luxury to own a TI MK1 so reverting back to 2.7.5 fixed everything.
Guess TI2 users have to wait a little bit longer for a smoother version..

Hang on there..

Intel Core 2 Duo E6850@3GHz 2GB DD3 RAM
XP PRO SP3 w/2 150GB WD Raptors
Powerbook G4 1.5Ghz 2GB RAM OSX 10.4.11
Ableton Live 8
Serato SL1
VirusTI Desktop MK1
MOTU 828MKII
Genelec 8030
M-Audio UC-33 & MK-249C
Roland FC-300
Old 20.10.2009, 10:42 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

can i ask whether its morally right to release any hardware device with faults ? i am confused as to why access are selling these synths with all these problems ? when korg and roland are not ? clavia nord ? bugs ? i owned 25 synths over 20 years and i never had so many problems as i have with the ti , the virus c didnt have these issues ? what went wrong as something did ?
what confuses me is why access arr selling these synths when they really on some level are not fit to sell and should be still in testing at the factory ? it sounds great but its just unstable and really this whole idea we pay £100o's to buy into this whole bug fix game needs to be questioned ? i cant think of another synth where i had to act as a beta testers for 4 years and still have issues ????????but best of all i pay for the priveledge .

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
let me say something about the number of bug releases and public betas. we didn't do this all the time, in fact we never put out so many (small) updates. we found that collecting improvements into a few big releases might look better but at the same time, users have to wait longer for a bug fix which in many cases is counter productive. on top, with so many platforms (sequencers, OS versions, hardware) it's difficult to cover everything with an inhouse beta test. we, of course, do test but we invite our users to assist us. if someone tends more towards a "never touch a running system" attitude, there are non beta versions also.
i know that TI2 users had not have the chance to go back to version 2.7.5 and had to use the 3.0 public betas but now, since a release build is out, that shouldn't be a problem anymore.

best, marc
access music
Old 20.10.2009, 05:32 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

@ izimizam

Maybe you didn't had much issue with older synths in the past but they hadn't any total integration, too.

The Virus is a sort of new product which you profit from the advatages of hardware and software (VST) possibilities.

The main problem is, that there are so many computer manufacturer and sequencer types that is becomes difficult to cover everybody. Some are using Logic, Steinberg, FL, or others and for computers it is like PC/Windows or MAC/Leopard, or LINUX etc. and 32-bit or 64-bit systems.

If you want to test all combinations which are possible you will never sell or produce anything.

Have a look at Microsoft how many years are the updatig their OS XP/VISTA?

The only way to get a better working OS is to release at a large scale. Sorry, but ACCESS can't test a product for every individual computer configuration.
Old 21.10.2009, 12:49 PM
New here

no one seems to have considered that this could be cheap manufacture issues ? it seems some work in stand laone and some dont ? i find this odd , it also sounds like access have stated the ti2 issues are ' crashing ' machines .I really feel behind the scenes we may have bad manufacturere issues and the reason an os update never really solves it for everyine is that you cant remedy bad manufacture , you can try programming in code to avoid the crash but seriously why is the ti2 behaving worse than the mk1 now for some ? it makes no sense ?25% more power and yet the new os still upsets some machines ? one of the issues is there are so many setups from stand alone to full usb and so that could be clouding the issue but when people with brand new ti2's in stand alone mode are getting crashing machines thats no an os issue thats a bad hardware malfunction.Soem ti2's work though ? yeah which again suggests some machines have hardware issues.......i myself advise all ti2 buyers to order from shops , go in , spend 5 hiurs max with the device before handing cash over.We just sold our ti 1 due to its unreliable state at times and no were arranging delivery into a shop via credit card payment and the device will not be leaving the shop until its been tested.I am sorry if that upsets anyone but really people need to wake up and smell the roses , something is seriously not right when the ti2 is worse than the mk1 - what confuses me is just how access themselves in TESTING ? got no errors ? or did they get errors and think - what the hell - lets just sell it anyway ? i think people need to be honest here , this is unacceptable.What pisses me off is that i love the virus ti , its sound is wonderfull but why cant they just release a working version ? it seems access have no quality control department or dont test the machines before selling them ? seriously i think its time people started to realise whats probably going down here - bad build quality and no quality control , os updates are smoke and mirrors , its odvious some machines are more faulty than others isnt it ? even when both machines are running identical setups ? we had 2 x ti's here and one was worse than another by a long shot when we tested both side by side- hardware - not os........time people woke up.Yeah you got lucky and got a good one - some get bad ones........its not os its poor standards of manufacture or some generic fault in some units.I am sure of it.

That said, the original TI had much worse, showstopping bugs for the first year or 18 months,
I expect the full power of TI2 will be revealed soon (couple more patches down the road).[/quote]
Old 21.10.2009, 12:54 PM
New here

yeah but this is the smoke and mirrors response , turn off total intergration , remove usb , use stand alone ? 2 of the ti's we had on every known os still crashed , popped , clicked , i really cant accept any of the excuses we all make for the ti , there is something deeply falwed in the machine on a hardware level or software level or in the build quality .I am guessing its the third , machines do seem to vary an awefull lot in reliability with the same os.One guy says ti2 - new os - no problems for hours - another guy says it crashes every 30 seconds ? its to easy to say - ah yes but its cutting edge - new - has total intergration therefore it will suffer a bit , thats madness to say that .The machines simple flawed in design and build......

If you want to test all combinations which are possible you will never sell or produce anything.

thats very true but why doesnt it work for many in stand alone mode ? can they maybe test it in stand alone mode ? lets remove the odvious smoke and mirrors and get to the truth of it - build quality and design./

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atziluth View Post
@ izimizam

Maybe you didn't had much issue with older synths in the past but they hadn't any total integration, too.

The Virus is a sort of new product which you profit from the advatages of hardware and software (VST) possibilities.

The main problem is, that there are so many computer manufacturer and sequencer types that is becomes difficult to cover everybody. Some are using Logic, Steinberg, FL, or others and for computers it is like PC/Windows or MAC/Leopard, or LINUX etc. and 32-bit or 64-bit systems.

Have a look at Microsoft how many years are the updatig their OS XP/VISTA?

The only way to get a better working OS is to release at a large scale. Sorry, but ACCESS can't test a product for every individual computer configuration.
Old 21.10.2009, 02:30 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

@ izimizam

Well it was known that some of the TI 1 had issues with the hardware and if you had a faulty unit you had to return it to ACCESS. They did some hardware replacment. Ok, this was for TI 1.

If you have problems in stand alone and can't get anything out of your Virus 1 or 2 then you have to get in contact with ACCESS Support.

Maybe it's a faulty unit..... only ACCESS can give you a hand and search for the problem you have...

Good luck
Old 29.10.2009, 12:37 PM
New here

strangely i was enevr told this though , access told me when i got bad clicks and dropsouts and pops . digital noise as a result of trying to use multiple parts in multi mode that it was the result of me pushing it to hard and trying to get to many parts ? i feel access should adverstise the machine as ' possibly 16 part multi timbral ' .I can agree some of this is hardware malfunction , sadly acces never suggested this and instead suggested i was to blame for trying to do to much.I think you will find the ti2 is the same - i read people here with major issues on the latest beta os / i have personally tried 2 machines with no bad issues ( yes still some glitching when you try and do to many patches at once ) but via any known connection method and all connection methods the 2 i tried were stable relatiovely speaking - way more than the ti 1's i had so again i think we have some bad builds in the sales chain - are they made in china ? its a great shame as i do feel the virus ti is a liability , you really dont know if you have a good one or bad one until you do......i guess thats where credit card refunds come in and gurantees.I dont get this with other synths i buy new though ? and some of those have total intergration now ?we must accept the virus ti maybe has bad build quality or no quality control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atziluth View Post
@ izimizam

Well it was known that some of the TI 1 had issues with the hardware and if you had a faulty unit you had to return it to ACCESS. They did some hardware replacment. Ok, this was for TI 1.

If you have problems in stand alone and can't get anything out of your Virus 1 or 2 then you have to get in contact with ACCESS Support.

Maybe it's a faulty unit..... only ACCESS can give you a hand and search for the problem you have...

Good luck
Old 06.11.2009, 02:21 PM
New here
New here

yeah i think there is a big problem with their synth
I own a ti snow fo about one year now and the virus control still cant work correctly. and dont get me started on the atomizer with the 3.3 it crash all the time I mean is there somebody who can actualy use it properly with sidechain in logic 8 ? I write to the customer support but that not helped me a lot. So if in six month it still cant work fine I sell it and buy a moog little fatty and bye bye access
Old 06.11.2009, 04:41 PM
Veteran
Veteran

izimizam -

you've stated in detail how unhappy you are and how much trouble your numerous TIs give you. i just wonder why you keep buying a synth which seems such a pain and not just return it to your dealer? - from a company that uses smoke and mirrors, which has hardware problems, apparently tells you more or less bullshit and not even manufacturers where they claim to on the box (in germany). i personally don't stay with products that cause me grief. life is to short for that.

best, marc
access music

Follow the Virus on Twitter: http://twitter.com/accessmusic
Watch the Virus on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/accessmusic
Become Infected friends on Facebook: http://facebook.com/pages/Virus/77569453701
Old 07.11.2009, 05:18 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to mitchiemasha

In access's deffence i've just discovered something. I always thought the pops & clicks were my virus. Now after loading up a project with nothing but 16 tracks of heavy virus sounds, I got no pops & clicks.

Ok lots of note stealling going on as the virus can't actualy handle the 16 track load but it never popped or clicked once.

I know this aint a pop and click thread but thought it was worth a mention.

Its something else like cpu overload mixed in what is causing them. More experimenting later. Its actualy looking like it's the excesive use of vst's, effects routings and automation that is causing my virus to go all rice crispies. My cubase cpu meter is only half way up when I start getting them but it does flash red.