Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 25.03.2005, 09:18 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Default Computer problems / monitor problems.

Hi guys...

Didn?t really know where to ask this question, but it is about my studio equipment (or actually my computer).

I am running a 3 year old computer (1800+, 512MB RAM, Abit motherboard, ESI Juli@ soundcard....)

I am experiencing a really annoying problem with my monitor. Everytime I think I "stress" the system it will switch my monitor off and back on (like that little switching resolution or mode click) just popping out for half a second or so.

But it is pretty annoying and frustrating when it does that like 10 times in 5 minutes!! 8O

Most people only experience this when turning on the monitor or when switching resolution, color depth, etc.

It is like when your computer goes into suspend / stand-by mode and then screen LED goes yellow and then back to green in 0.1 second, so just popping out.

Don?t know if this could be something to do with my ASIO drivers or so (I know that their low latency policy stresses the computer and akward setups can make some loud noises, have had that! )?
Or maybe some motherboard bus issue? that is the 2 thoughts I had about it. Anyone else experienced this or know how to fix it?

Would be very thankful, because computer problems really stresses me and kills my music creation and I also think that is one of my only problems with this computer :P (believe or not)....

Psypher
Old 26.03.2005, 12:16 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Send a message via MSN to harrystainer

try updating your graphics card drivers, or if they already are the latest, try reintalling them.
Old 26.03.2005, 05:31 AM
This forum member lives here

I agree with harry. also, what are you system specs? When you said this was only happening when "stressing" your system, I immediately thought power supply issue
Old 26.03.2005, 05:54 AM
Administrator

Turn off the power saving option from the control panel.
Old 26.03.2005, 07:13 AM

Get a real computer :P

Muawhahahaha

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 27.03.2005, 09:19 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Hi again and thanks for the replies so far....

harrystainer: I have tried to re-install them and also tried a driver which where a little bit older, because it could be a new error in that driver or some beta-driver shit, but without luck, but I?ll have a go at the driver thing again.

Doc Jones: I just thought "naaaah" with your reply, because I have had the system up and running several times without any hardware change and with no problems, but then I remembered that I actually got a new MIDI interface (Miditerminal M4U by ESI) and then I thought "yeah, maybe thats the thing! It is powered by the USB...Could probably take some power". So you actually mean my PSU in the computer is too small? (I think its 300W or so)
Can I check this someway or is it just change it and see if its better?
Is there an onboard PSU consumption meter or so? an application?
If I turned it off when experiencing the problem I guess I could easily see if it was the thing causing the problem....

Juho L: this wouldn?t be the issue because it?s when I am using it, not when those 10, 20 or 60 minutes have passed....It is stress-related

Jasedee: "Get a real computer, Muawhahahaha"? Hope that it just was a joke....I have used several computers and set them up for friends and professionals, and none of them are flawless, so I dont know what you would mean with "a real computer"? a new computer?
My system is really put specially together (also costed the same as 2 standard computers back then!) and I keep high maintenance and runs only applications and services which it needs so I have a computer that is better running than the most 2500+!! (except for this issue )

It is mostly for sequencing MIDI stuff to hardware synth and so, so it should be fast enough!

But tell me something about that PSU stuff?

Psypher
Old 28.03.2005, 06:56 PM
Pro
Pro

I think your monitor is knackered mate. Try borrowing someone else's and see if you get the same problem. If you do then it's your PC at fault, if not then it's the monitor.