Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 17.07.2005, 06:20 PM
New here
New here

Send a message via MSN to lepton
Default LOGIC 7 patch names???

Hi everyone... first post

Ok.. this is the deal... I run Logic express 7 on my Ibook G4 connecting a Virus kb via a M-Audio 2x2.

I used to use Cubase and I downloaded a patch-names file from access?s website. I could choose the desired patch from the list and everything worked great (of course, with original sound banks).

Now I upgraded to Logic (read: Cubase SX on a PC to Logic on a Mac!
and I there?s no Logic patch names file on Download Section @ access?s website. So I have a very hard time finding the patches I want AND I feel something?s wrong with midi comm between virus and computer.

First things first.
To make Logic recognize the virus... do I CREATE a new MULTI INSTRUMENT under MIDI INSTRUMENT envelope in the ENVIRONMENT???? That?s what I did and when I go to Program (where you choose the patch in each track) I either see GM banks, or empty banks from 0..127 if I reinitialize them.

I seem to find the Cubase way more comfortable to work...
anyone know how to do something similar in Logic?

Thanks!

Similar problem under Cubase (with the patchnames file I was talking about) thread:
http://www.sunesha.nu/virusforum/vie...asc&highlight=
Old 19.07.2005, 11:11 PM
New here
New here

Send a message via MSN to lepton
Default hello... anyone?

it?s not that I am anxious or anything... but let me get this straight...

I JUST migrated from Cubase to Logic (AND Pc to Mac.. you all know there is no Cubase SX2 or SX3 unless you buy it, and SX sucks!)... and until I figure out how to reconfigure my Virus with Logic (I mean the patch list)..

I JUST CAN?T MAKE IT SOUND HOW I WANT!

if there?s any logic user around there... can you give me a hint?

.. sorry for the ignorance.. :)
Old 20.07.2005, 07:27 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Hey mate.....there are some Logic users here, and some Mac users (Me included!)

Im using SX on Mac.....but have no idea about logic. Is there a Logic users forum around? Im just mentioning it cos you might get a faster answer if you post on a Logic forum.

Anyways, good luck mate!

Sorry I couldnt help you out

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60